Controlling one object with another? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys. I'm using Expression Blend 4 and trying to control one object with a slider.

For example making one  rectangle scale bigger or smaller with a slider or scroll bar.

Would this be something I can do within the Blend UI or would I have to do this in C Sharp?

I'm thinking if I did it in C Sharp I'd just have to figure out which part of it is actually the slider and then somehow link it to the other object. Is there a coding example of something like this happening or can this be done in Blend? How do the scroll bars on list boxes work?

Thanks.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 6:35 PM

All replies

• Hi.

You can databind a slider in Blend. This link may be helpful.

http://www.silverlightbuzz.com/2009/07/09/data-binding-in-silverlight/

• Proposed as answer by Carmine Z Thursday, June 30, 2011 6:52 PM
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 6:51 PM
  • Do you want to change the rendertransform of an object or the actual size?
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:44 PM
  • Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for.

But I can't seem to get access to all the slider properties. I know SOMEWHERE it is looking for onMouseLeftClick or something so that you can control the slider. I don't see it in the triggers or events. Is that specified in code? I see some objects with an <> icon.

Oh well, thanks again. :)

Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:18 PM
  • Do you want to change the rendertransform of an object or the actual size?

Yes, I want a slider to slide some buttons around the screen. I got it to work rather well. But I want it to do it on a mouseOver command and not mouseClick... but I can't find where it's getting that from... probably somewhere in C Sharp, but not sure... embeded in the slider Thumb maybe?
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:34 PM