AdMediator on UWP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I don't understand how am I supposed to link pubCenter and the new AdMediator control.

I followed the MSDN guide to integrate the new advertising solution AdMediator to an UWP project. I downloaded the SDK, I added an AdMediatorControl to my XAML page, and I added the connected service. However, I don't see where am I supposed to put my pubCenter ApplicationId and AdUnitId.

Here is my XAML piece of code where I put the control.

xmlns:Universal="using:Microsoft.AdMediator.Universal" 

<Universal:AdMediatorControl RelativePanel.AlignBottomWithPanel="True" 
    			RelativePanel.AlignHorizontalCenterWithPanel="True"
    			Width="480" Height="80" x:Name="AdControl1"
    			Id="AdMediator-Id-2E203F75-8A6F-413F-B28B-FE08658BB57E"
    			Margin="0,0,0,10" />

At this time, when I load the page I got an ugly blue banner that redirect me to msn.com instead of an advertising.

Any help to get this working would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Friday, August 14, 2015 9:43 PM

Answers

• the basic msn test ads are just a visual indicator things are working. during app submit your real adunits will be created and once the app is published real ads will show up. we'll see about making the doc a little clearer on these points. thanks for the feedback.
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 3:15 PM

All replies

• I think you should can add it in "AdMediator.config", and of course, also in the dev center
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 7:52 AM
  • The whole thing needs some serious documentation.
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 7:11 PM
  • the basic msn test ads are just a visual indicator things are working. during app submit your real adunits will be created and once the app is published real ads will show up. we'll see about making the doc a little clearer on these points. thanks for the feedback.
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 3:15 PM