none
Control ID needed for Outlook 2010 / Calendar Properties --> Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• hello!

i wanna disable the function "permissions" in the menu "calendar properties" in outlook 2010. but i cant find the control id. can somebody help? i need the office-id (control id) so i can add it toGPMC. 

thanks in advice!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:39 PM

Answers

• Hi OutlookFanatic,

Thank you for providing me with a screenshot. It helped me to understand the whole picture.

Unfortunately there is no trivial way for implementing the required functionality. However, you may try to implement the IPropertyPage interface and replace the Permissions tab with your own form.

George, the Permissions button is not located on the Fluent UI. There is no such identifiers in the help files you mentioned above.

Thursday, November 28, 2013 7:59 AM

All replies

• hello!

i wanna disable the function "permissions" in the menu "calendar properties" in outlook 2010. but i cant find the control id. can somebody help? i need the office-id (control id) so i can add it to GPMC. 

thanks in advice!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:29 PM
  • Hello OutlookFanatic,

Sure. Could you please take a screenshot where I can find that control?

It is quite not clear to me what you are trying to disable...

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:00 PM
  • Hello OutlookFanatic,

It looks like your question is related to Outlook (not Excel).

Please check out the Outlook related thread at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7f9fe46d-fd0b-44d0-b64e-43b2c3013e97/control-id-needed-for-outlook-2010-calendar-properties-permissions?forum=outlookdev . I have just replied on your message.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:03 PM
  • Thanks for the help! i cant insert a picture for some strange reason.

its the option when you go to Calendar --> Your own Calendar --> Right Click to Properties and then i wanna disable "Permissions" the whole button..

you know what i mean?

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:06 PM
  • can anybody help`?
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:16 PM
  • Sorry, but I can't figure out where the "Permissions" button is located. Please attach an image for further investigation.
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 8:04 PM
  • can anybody help`?

Sure. Could you please be more specific and attach a screenshot where I can find the "Permissions" button?

When I open the Properties dialog for the selected in Outlook calendar I don't see any "Permissions" buttons.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 8:08 PM
  • i can't upload any picture, i get the message that i have to verify my account? what's this?
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 8:58 PM
  • Note, you can upload a picture to any web server and paste just a link.
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:00 PM
  • im not even allowed to post a link :( i wrote you a message on facebook. this here is a little hectic, why i cant post links or pictures?

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:04 PM
  • Hi.

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Here is a download contains files that list the control IDs for built-in controls in all applications that use the Office Fluent user interface:

Office 2010 Help Files: Office Fluent User Interface Control Identifiers

You can find any built-in control in the list for Outlook 2010.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:40 AM
  • Hi OutlookFanatic,

Thank you for providing me with a screenshot. It helped me to understand the whole picture.

Unfortunately there is no trivial way for implementing the required functionality. However, you may try to implement the IPropertyPage interface and replace the Permissions tab with your own form.

George, the Permissions button is not located on the Fluent UI. There is no such identifiers in the help files you mentioned above.

Thursday, November 28, 2013 7:59 AM