none
Kinect V2 Pose Estimation FPS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

When I record joint pose data I am only getting 15 FPS in low light. I read that the colour camera records at 15 fps when low light is detected but is that the case for the depth frames as well? Is there a way to force 30fps for the pose estimations?

I am using SDK 2.0

Cheers

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 1:35 PM

Answers

• If you're using the IMultiSourceFrameReader indeed all streams will come in at 15 fps when color switches to low light mode.

However if you're using the separate ones like IColorFrameReader, IInfraredFrameReader, IBodyFrameReader (you can run multiple at once) the non-color ones will remain at 30 fps and only color will be 15 fps in low light mode.

Depending on your needs you may then have to work on some sycnhronization in your own code in certain cases though.

Brekel

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 3:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Trentian,

the update rate of color frames will drag down the other data streams including the depth frames. There's no way to change that.

If you can work without the color data then your 30 Hz should be guaranteed otherwise you are stuck with the light environment dependency.

kind regards,

Roland Smeenk

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 2:55 PM
  • If you're using the IMultiSourceFrameReader indeed all streams will come in at 15 fps when color switches to low light mode.

However if you're using the separate ones like IColorFrameReader, IInfraredFrameReader, IBodyFrameReader (you can run multiple at once) the non-color ones will remain at 30 fps and only color will be 15 fps in low light mode.

Depending on your needs you may then have to work on some sycnhronization in your own code in certain cases though.

Brekel

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 3:54 PM