[WP8.1]Can't deploy from Windows 10 to Windows Phone 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After I upgraded from Window 8.1 to Windows 10, I can't deploy my applications to WP8.1 anymore. It always says that the device is not found even though I can access my phone using windows explorer, the IpOverUsbSvc is running (but it does not detect my phone). I am using Visual Studio 2013. Do you have any idea how can I fix this? (On Windows 8.1 everything works perfectly, my dev phone is Lumia 620).

Thanks,

Arpad Toth

• Edited by Jamles Hez Wednesday, August 19, 2015 5:50 AM add title tag
    Friday, August 7, 2015 8:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Is your phone connected to the internet? Is the phone developer unlocked?
    • Edited by Ken Tucker Friday, August 7, 2015 10:57 AM
    Friday, August 7, 2015 10:54 AM
  • Hi arpytoth,

Not sure if your question is resolved?

I can successfully connect to Windows Phone 8.1 via my Windows 10 without any problem. Do you have the screenshot of detail error message that can share with us for helping us know more information. 

the IpOverUsbSvc is running (but it does not detect my phone).

>>If you plug another Windows Phone device, will it detect the phone? To restart that service is also suggested to give a try. I may consider something wrong with the service.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Jamles Hez Wednesday, August 19, 2015 6:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 5:59 AM
  • After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, I can no longer connect to my Windows Phone 8.1 via USB at all.

Windows Phone 8.1 has been unlocked for development and yet it is not seen at all in Windows 10!

It worked perfectly before Windows 10 update.

Same PC nothing other than Windows 10 changed!

Very disappointed!

Hope that Microsoft will accelerate a fix for this problem!

Not holding my breath however.

>:(

DirectShow Filter Graph Spy: http://alax.info/blog/777 Extremely helpful for finding deep details for DirectShow Graphs.

• Edited by BillNew Monday, August 24, 2015 1:25 AM
    Monday, August 24, 2015 1:23 AM
  • Hi BillNew,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum!

>>After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, I can no longer connect to my Windows Phone 8.1 via USB at all.

Please try to check the solution which is provided by @Jan Sebesta in the following thread to see if it works:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/52756054-de22-436d-9dce-f818f083683f/wp81windows-phone-developer-registration-81-unable-to-connect-to-a-phone?forum=wpdevelop .

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 4, 2015 8:47 AM
  • Not sure how but the problem is resolved. Perhaps a Windows Update resolved this issue for me.

Now I can do this on my Windows 10 PC.

Thanks for the feedback.

BillNew

DirectShow Filter Graph Spy: http://alax.info/blog/777 Extremely helpful for finding deep details for DirectShow Graphs.

Saturday, January 9, 2016 4:07 AM