How to use EVR in TopoEdit to display the side-by-side video? RRS feed

• Question

• I wrote a video post process MFT, it converts one video frame to one side-by-side video frame. e.g. If the input is a SD video frame(resolution: 720*576), the output will be a 1440*576 video frame.

In TopoEdit, I did the steps below:

1) render a wmv file, its resolution is 720*576

2) replace "WMVideo Decoder DMO" with  "WMVideo Decoder MFT"

3) insert my "Video Post Process MFT", and connect "WMVideo Decoder MFT" to  "Video Post Process MFT", then to EVR

4) play the topology

I hope to show a side-by-side video(1440*576) in the window, but it can only show a 720*576 video. I dump the output video buffer of my Video PP MFT, the buffer is sure to be a 1440*576 video frame. and I also check the media type of both Video PP MFTand EVR, the with and stride are all correct value.

If I write my own application, maybe I can call setVideoPosition() to resolve this issue, but how can I do in TopoEdit?

PS: In GraphEditor.exe, if only I set the correct video with and stride for the Video PP Filter and EVR filter, the window will show the correct side-by-side video.

Monday, October 18, 2010 7:59 AM

Answers

• I have resolved this problem by setting the atributes below in output media type

MF_MT_GEOMETRIC_APERTURE

MF_MT_MINIMUM_DISPLAY_APERTURE

MF_MT_PAN_SCAN_APERTURE

• Marked as answer by Winnie.Nie Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:51 AM
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:50 AM

All replies

• I need to correct that

>>"If I write my own application, maybe I can call setVideoPosition() to resolve this issue"

Unluckly, setVideoPosition() can not resolve this issue :(

Can any one help me to resolve it? How to show a side-by-side video frame?

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:16 AM
  • I have resolved this problem by setting the atributes below in output media type

MF_MT_GEOMETRIC_APERTURE

MF_MT_MINIMUM_DISPLAY_APERTURE

MF_MT_PAN_SCAN_APERTURE

• Marked as answer by Winnie.Nie Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:51 AM
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:50 AM