The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure App Service - API Apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

API App Known Issues RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear customers,

Azure App Service API App is currently in public preview. We are working everyday to improve service quality and bring more capabilities. Following is a list of known issues, we'll keep list updated as we go.

Cannot get API definition sometimes for an API app

Sometimes when you build an API app and deploy it to Azure, you may not be able to see it from the API definition blade. This is usually because the Swagger 2.0 API definition of the API app is invalid. You can use this online tool http://editor.swagger.io to verify. If you are using ASP.NET MVC and Swashbuckle to generate Swagger 2.0, a common issue is that if you have multiple routes result in the same HTTP method + controller name + action name, Swashbuckle will generate duplicate "operationId" with convention "controller name"_"action name", which is invalid Swagger 2.0. We are working the following improvements:

1. Show better error message in API definition blade to tell the details of why the API definition cannot be returned, including validation error.
    2. Working with Swashbuckle author to improve the "operationId" generation logic to avoid duplication.

Slots doesn't work properly

You can create slots for an API app but there are 2 issues which makes it not very useful for API app right now:

1. You cannot see it in portal or VS when you browse all API apps. You need to click into the slots blade. So it's not very discoverable.
    2. Gateway doesn't forward requests to a slot properly so at runtime API calls to a slot won't work.

Custom domain only works with HTTPS

If you need custom domains to your API apps, you need to configure it to use HTTPS. HTTP scheme isn't supported.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:23 AM

All replies

• Any update on the ETA of the custom domains fix?
    Saturday, June 13, 2015 7:15 PM
  • +1 - any meaningful use of the api apps will need custom domain usage.  Please add ASAP.  Thanks!

Monday, June 15, 2015 5:44 PM
  • They'll have to have a version 1.0 before it has any meaningful use. It's like version 0.2.
    Wednesday, June 17, 2015 6:26 PM
  • I'm having a hard time running 64-bit code in an API App. It seems that by default my code runs in a 32-bit App Pool. How can I change this so I can run 64-bit code ?  I need to use a 64-bit native DLL.  Thanks.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 12:17 AM