none
Azure VPN gateway failover RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

our customer requires the Azure VPN gateway used by our services to automatic failover to a redundant VPN gateway on customers site. The VPN gateway at our customer is configured as two separate VPN gateways with individual IP-addresses, but connected to the same internal subnet.

I've not figured out if this is supported by Azure VPN gateway.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 10:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Short-Long story : Not supported :(

Azure

Using Gateway fail-over is not supported at the Azure side, you cannot use two VPN Gateways on Azure

On-Prem

Azure supports multiple Site-to-Site VPNs, which means you can create multiple VPN tunnels with different sites.  This will not be possible in your case, because you are talking about the same local site. Even if you want to configure it this way, your configuration will fail because the local sites are the same (IP ranges at the local sites)

Solutions

1- If you have a Gateway Cluster (The same Public IP), the configuration will be okay, because this is transparent to Azure

2- You will have to wait for BGP support https://feedback.azure.com/forums/217313-azure-networking/suggestions/7911798-vpn-failover

Regards, Samir Farhat || Datacenter Consultant || The way to share my knowledge with the community Visit my blog : buildwindows.wordpress.com buildwindows.wordpress.com </a>

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 11:17 AM