Dropdownlist > 20 items -> input render problem, ShowDropdown RRS feed

• Question

• I've a custom list form with a dropdownlist that contains more than 20 items. I realized that SharePoint changes the render style to an input control. The dropdown list's button is an image that triggers the javascript function ShowDropdown(). Unfortunately the rendering of the list of choices is about 10 centimeters away from the text box that shows later my selected list item.

How can I change the render style for dropdownlists so that the 20 items limit does not affect my dropdownlists? I'd prefer HTML options rather than that fancy javascript rendering, that does not work.

Or how can I place the rendered choice list exactly below the text box?
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 10:26 AM

Answers

• I found the mistake! It was the following CSS "code":

.body-wrapper{
    position:relative;
    } 

deleting/uncomment "position:relative;" solves my problem, I hope some other controls don't rely on this...
    • Marked as answer by Diana.Manow Thursday, April 16, 2009 12:14 PM
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 12:05 PM

All replies

• I found the mistake! It was the following CSS "code":

.body-wrapper{
    position:relative;
    } 

deleting/uncomment "position:relative;" solves my problem, I hope some other controls don't rely on this...
    • Marked as answer by Diana.Manow Thursday, April 16, 2009 12:14 PM
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 12:05 PM
  • Thank you!!!!  This solved the problem for me as well.  I was beginning to pull my hair out!
    Monday, March 22, 2010 2:31 PM
  • Hi Diana,

my dropwon is a lookup field with more than 20 items. It uses "ms-vb" class, i dont see the body-wrapper class .

can you plz suggest me ?

Thanks,

HK

Thursday, June 10, 2010 3:59 PM
  • Hi,

Maybe you overrided your ms-formbody class somewhere.

Cheers...

Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:18 AM