iexplore.exe - Application Error (EVERY TIME I CLOSE IE7) :( RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am absolutely clueless as to why this keeps happening,  but it is driving me insane!!

The exact error message reads:

'The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c81eb33.'

Could anyone shed some light on maybe what the cause is and/or how I can fix it?

Thank you in advance to anyone who reads and/or offers any information.

Laura x
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 2:40 PM

Answers

• I had the same problem. I had recently installed Norton 360 and I use IE7 so I imagined the problem was something to do with a conflict between the two programs. However for me (and I can only speak for myself) it turned out to be a newly installed Add-on from my new ISP which was causing the problem. I went into Control Panel - Internet Options - Programs - Manage Add-ons and disabled the new add-on and the problem went away immediately! I would imagine the same thing is causing the problem for you too. I recommend you go into the above menus and try and spot anything that looks new, something which relates to a new program you may have installed, and try disabling it. For me it was a toolbar (which I didn't want or even ask to be installed) from my new broadband ISP but I guess it could be anything. You might have to do some experimenting before you find the right one; if you're not sure which is the offending program I’d try them one at a time. Disable the add-on, close IE and open it again then close IE again and see if the problem has gone away. If it hasn't then it's fair to say the add-on you just disabled wasn’t to blame so you can then go back in, enable the add-on and then try the next one! Laborious but it should work.....assuming it's just one add-on that's causing the problem that is!! Anyway have a go and see how you get on. If you find it you'll need to do the same thing with any other user profiles set up on your machine as these will still have the offending program enabled. Don't bother trying to reinstall IE7 as your add-on settings will probably just reappear when you reinstall IE7 again anyway. I’d be interested to know if this works for you. Good luck.

Monday, April 30, 2007 3:53 PM

All replies

• I wish I could help you, but I'm having the exact same problem - I've wasted more hours on this.  I just downloaded Norton 360 and thought that was causing the problem as my computer is running extremely slow now.  If anyone has any answers to either of these problems - please help us!  Thanks!
    Tuesday, April 3, 2007 6:16 PM
  • I experience the same irritating problem when closing IE7.

It only happens on one of my computers.

I look forward to a solution.

Thank you

Saturday, April 14, 2007 12:49 PM
  • The same exact thing is happening every time I close IE7. The location number is different for me (0x7c812a5b). Immediately after clicking okay for that error window... I get another. It reads "Runtime error 217 at "039EFD29". Browsing around the site here... this seems to be some sort of conflict between IE7 and Norton 2007.

I read in a thread for the runtime error to do the following: Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced (tab) > RESET

Monday, April 16, 2007 8:01 PM
  • I just installed Norton 360.

I'm running on IE6.

The same/similiar error message occurs.

I checked the event viewer logs and provides the following explanation:

The program could not load a driver because the program user doesn't have sufficient privileges to access the driver or because the drive is missing or corupt.

To correct the problem, the article goes on to suggest these solutions:

• Ensure that the program user has sufficient privileges to access the directory in which the driver is installed.
    • Reinstall the program to restore the driver to the correct location.

Based on this information, I can guess what occured and a possible solution. The installation of Norton 360 caused a file or registry entry to become changed, deleted or corrupted. The other possible cause could be a bug/incompatability in the software. The solution may be to un-install and re-install Internet Explorer. I have yet to try this.

Good Luck

Saturday, April 28, 2007 12:52 AM
  • I had the same problem. I had recently installed Norton 360 and I use IE7 so I imagined the problem was something to do with a conflict between the two programs. However for me (and I can only speak for myself) it turned out to be a newly installed Add-on from my new ISP which was causing the problem. I went into Control Panel - Internet Options - Programs - Manage Add-ons and disabled the new add-on and the problem went away immediately! I would imagine the same thing is causing the problem for you too. I recommend you go into the above menus and try and spot anything that looks new, something which relates to a new program you may have installed, and try disabling it. For me it was a toolbar (which I didn't want or even ask to be installed) from my new broadband ISP but I guess it could be anything. You might have to do some experimenting before you find the right one; if you're not sure which is the offending program I’d try them one at a time. Disable the add-on, close IE and open it again then close IE again and see if the problem has gone away. If it hasn't then it's fair to say the add-on you just disabled wasn’t to blame so you can then go back in, enable the add-on and then try the next one! Laborious but it should work.....assuming it's just one add-on that's causing the problem that is!! Anyway have a go and see how you get on. If you find it you'll need to do the same thing with any other user profiles set up on your machine as these will still have the offending program enabled. Don't bother trying to reinstall IE7 as your add-on settings will probably just reappear when you reinstall IE7 again anyway. I’d be interested to know if this works for you. Good luck.

Monday, April 30, 2007 3:53 PM
  • I'm having the same problem but I don't have Norton.  I have McAfee.  I am going to take a look at the add-ons and see if I can get that error message to quit popping up every time I close IE7.  Hope it works.
    Tuesday, May 1, 2007 4:44 AM
  • I had the same problem of iexplore.exe - Application Error appearing every time I closed IE 7.  I took the advice of JonnyRock and went through the process of disabling and enabling the add-ons.  The problem was solved by disabling the file AcroIEHelper.dll.  This was listed as a browser helper object by Adobe Systems, Inc.  Thanks for the advice.  No more iexplore.exe - Application Error when closing IE 7.
    Tuesday, May 1, 2007 10:58 PM
  • I am experiencing the same problem with IE7, everytime I close it just comes up with an Error mssg, but I am very surprise there is no solution offer through this forum ! I hope Window can shed some light as to why thier IE 7 do that ?

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 12:04 AM
  • the same error here..
    i can't open or use internet explorer because a window appears and saying "the exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x77e7aafc"... after clicking ok, another window appeared and says "Runtime error 217 at 0128F1CA"...
    pls help...
    Thursday, May 3, 2007 1:43 PM
  • Worked Wonderfully!!!! Thanx for info   You were also right about uninstalling and reinstalling ie7 cause I tried that and it didn't work lol.
    Sunday, May 6, 2007 3:08 AM
  • What can I do about it, I keep getting Runtime errors, and what causes it.
    Monday, May 7, 2007 1:32 AM
  • Well I have try the following n it seems like thats the reason why IE 7 keep coming up with script error. I went to the too bar n check all the add-ons, what I did is disable all the ( non verified ) applications n then restart IE7 again.
    So far the IE7 has not pop the error script again, give that a try n see if this is the problem !?

Good luck n Feedback please - people.
    Monday, May 7, 2007 4:44 AM
  • hi,

iv recently had to do a reformat on my pc,after installing IE7 and norton2007+2007 add-on pack started getting this runtime error 217 at location 02FDF48E and the unknown exception software (0x0eedfade)in the app at 0x7c81eb33.

first of all tried uninstalling IE7 with no luck,so then tried the same with norton 2007 still with no luck

anyway after lot of head scratching decided to start disabling IE7 add-on`s one by one until i found the one that was causing me all my headaches.

for me it was NORTON CONFIDENTIAL BROWSER HELPER OBJECT.

file type Nppbho.dll that was doing it,thats the yellow toolbar that go`s on about fraud protection.

everything seems fine now no errors since but was wondering if anyone knows if this is comprimising my internet security in anyway

terry x

Monday, May 7, 2007 5:47 AM
  • I was having problems with two computers at my work. I had to disable any add-on that had to do with Google. It seems that most of these problems have to do with add-ons. I started at the beginning and started disabling add-ons until I came across the one that was causing the problem. Go to tools - manage add-ons - enable/disable add-ons. 

Hope this helps.

Monday, May 7, 2007 8:00 PM
  • I have the exact same error occuring, but Norton is not on my computer.  I get the same runtime error too.... could someone please help me with this?  I  am at a complete loss... and it is quite annoying.

Thanks in advance for any help offered...

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 3:04 AM
  • OK Folks...think I found one answer.

Control Panel, internet options, programs, manage add-ons.

Sort by publisher, find symantec "show Norton Toolbar"

Click the disable radio button, then OK.

Go to the advance tab, and reset.

Worked for me......Good Luck!

Saturday, May 12, 2007 1:40 AM
  • After installing both IE7 and Norton 360, I  had a problem very similar to that of Bonnie - same location 0x7c812a5b, but runtime error was 217 at 02B5FB4A.  I went down disabling as JonnyRock suggested, and when I disabled the 2 BellSouth toolbars, the problem went away.  Thanks, JonnyRock!
    Monday, May 14, 2007 3:40 AM
  •  

Start

Control Panel

Internet Options

Programs Tab

Manage Add ons

Write down all the names of the program add-ons

One at a time, disable and then re-enable if it is not the one that is causing your problem.

YOU WILL FIND YOUR ANSWER...........................

Good luck

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 8:44 PM
  • I solved the problem after testing over and over to narrow down the root of the conflict. Problem is because of the 2 Symantec add-ons that got installed as part of Norton 360 and Office 2007 Groove Addon. I found out if you disable either the groove add-on OR the Norton add-ons (but not both Norton & Groove) then the problem goes away. Hope this helps.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 5:11 PM
  • Thank you very much!! I did not have a hard time identifying the culprit...Norton onfidential Browser Helper!
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 1:53 PM
  • Thank you. No more of this problem. I didn't have a hardtime identifying the culprit... Norton Confidential Browser! But before this... I had to reinstall-install the Norton 360 and IE7 to no avail, the problem didn't go away.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 2:08 PM
  • I do not have Norton 360 install in my computer never have, but I was told by my soninlaw that sometimes browser like Googels or other conflick with othersoft ware. So I remove a few of mind and I do not get any more error messages.
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 12:34 PM
  • I am not surprized to see that all sorts of people were or are having trouble here.

I had the same thing happen although the RUNTIME error referenced a different memory location obviously.

The details:

I uninstalled Norton Internet Security 2006 as symantec reccomends.

I installed NIS 2007.

I opened Internet Explorer 7.0 and went to a couple web sites and then went to close it and I received the following error messages: The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) in the application at location 0x7c812a5b I clicked OK to get rid of this error box and then I received the following error message:"Runtime error 217." This would happen every time I would close an I.E. 7 window.

My solution: Disable Phishing Protection in Norton Internet Security 2007 and then disable the Internet Explorer setting "Enable 3rd party browser extensions." This eliminated the previously mentioned error messages.

NOTES: I have to live with the red exclamation mark in front of my Norton Protection icon in the system tray because I have disabled Phishing and Fraud Monitoring but Internet Explorer has a Phishing Filter built in so I use that.

Hope this helps someone.

Monday, June 25, 2007 3:58 PM
  • I was getting the same error message as you (the exception...(0x0eedfade)...0x7c81eb33) every time I closed IE7. And, when I closed that message, I was getting a "runtime error 217" message.  It started happening after I recently deleted McAfee and loaded Norton IS 2007.  I also deleted BellSouth Helpcenter because after loading Norton, it would not open - I kept getting some message about needing a "skin."  Anyway, it was also driving me nuts.  After reading several of these postings, I first tried disabling the adobe acrobat addon.  That didn't work.  Then I tried disabling the BellSouth toolbar addon.  Viola!!!  No more error messages when I close IE7.  Hope that helps.  Good luck.
    Wednesday, July 4, 2007 6:59 PM
  • Thanks, mine seemed to be caused by the Orange toolbar addin, which was not a problem until I installed Norton Internet Security 2007!
    Monday, July 9, 2007 5:03 PM
  • I experienced the same irritating problem when closing IE7; I received the same application error message, however I received a variety of different Runtime errors........ I also thought it was a combination of Norton 360 & IE7, but it wasn't.

I followed the advise to DISABLE some add ons one at a time and found my problem to be with "Verison Broadband Toolbar" (vzbb.dll). It took me almost an hour to figure out which add on was causing the problem so I would suggest starting with your own ISP entries, particularly the toolbars and keep in mind it doesn't have to be a "Not-verified" Publisher.

Also if your computer has slowed down after you down loaded Norton 360 and/or your having a lot a problems getting programs to start properly, go to the Symantec support website and find the "Norton_Removal_Tool.exe". After running this you'll be instructed to redownload your current Norton Antivirus Program. Good luck........... 

Monday, July 16, 2007 3:29 PM
  • I was getting a simular error every time I closed out of internet explorer - I removed the addons for the explorer tool bar and  it stopped but had to add back some to get pages to fully display.  Thanks very much
    Tuesday, July 17, 2007 9:01 PM
  • I have exactly the same error with that very same location. I just follow the rule and disable one add on and this problem disapper.

Disable  QuickFine BHO object and it's all gone.

It give me lots of hard time though...

Anyway, thanks for all who giving the idea of add on

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 7:27 AM
  • I was told to remove some of my browsers and I did and I do not have any more errors messages.

But I do need to know why I keep getting a Debuging message what does that mean and what do I do about it  Because I don't have a clue why it's happening..

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:08 AM
  • I did  as  you said,  and it  worked for me... thanks JonnyRock

problem was, Norton Confidential Browser Helper

Friday, July 27, 2007 3:20 PM
  •  JonnyRock wrote:

I’d be interested to know if this works for you. Good luck.

THANK YOU!!!  That fixed it for me, too - Verizon toolbar was the culprit.  I was about to give up, after re-installing both IE 7 and Norton Internet Security and having the problem still persist.

Maybe all future downloads of IE 7 such have JonnyRock's advice included with the README.txt!

Saturday, July 28, 2007 1:56 PM
  •  

This place really works!

I had runtime error 217 every time I closed IE7 in Vista Hp on my BRAND NEW pre-installed laptop..

Just looked at a few of the posts here and tried removing the Orange toolbar (disable in manage Add-ons) - success! No more is my life dogged by runtime errors!

Thanks people, whoever you are. I'm so glad it wasn't Norton IS too..

Interesting that it seems to be different Add-ons for different people, maybe this is a bug in IE7..? Far be it from me to suggest..

Really nice to have an easy fix that works!

I can live without that toolbar, since I never used it..

Ta,

Sq

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:59 AM
  • I am having a similar Runtime error 217. I do not have Norton on my computer. Is your computer CPU an AMD 64 X 2 4200 or 3800 running Windows XP Media Center?

Monday, August 6, 2007 11:39 AM
  • I've just started getting an error that reads "The instruction at "0x04ab0185" reference memory at "0x018d7f1f8."  The memory could not be written.

Any guesses??

Saturday, August 18, 2007 3:25 PM
  • Great tip. This seems to have worked.

Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:39 AM
  • Friday, August 24, 2007 2:12 AM
  • Hello;

I'm using a new notebook, (Acer; dont buy acer people!) loaded with Windows Vista Home.  Everytime (EVERYTIME!!!) I close an IE7 window, (even a popup, meant to be read, and closed), my IE7 says "Internet Explorer has stopped working, Internet Explorer will now close and restart"... Its driving me frickin' nuts!!! If I have all my windows closed, and i'm trying to shut down, it does the same thing... If I have several windows open, and i'm searching for things, and simply want to close one of my windows, it closes all of them, restarts, and I have one incident open, to my homepage (Yahoo). 

I don't know if the MS team will do anything about it, and i'm using it to write this message, but other than this (and the fact that when I click my email in IM Live, I'm being 'forced' to use IE7), I've started to use FireFox, and Netscape browsers, with much better results... they also seem to be faster! How's that, MS!?

I do have the Yahoo toolbar installed in my IE7, but I've had it installed in previous versions of IE as well, without incident. I had (for a short period) Adobe Acrobat installed, but upon reading about known compatibility issues, I uninstalled it, and am thinking about getting an updated version of acrobat, or another program that does the same thing, for less money (there're a lot of choices today). I also have tabs turned off, and I hope that this isn't the issue! Otherwise, why would they still have that option available?! I only mention this, in case these things may be contributing factors.

I'd love to get an email and fix for this ASAP!

Friday, August 24, 2007 5:28 PM
  •  

As part of my own little 'mini' trouble shooting, I had (and forgot to mention in my original gripe), uninstalled the yahoo toolbar... the same results...
    Friday, August 24, 2007 5:33 PM
  •  

I was having the same problem and very frustrating because I could not even chat online with the Symantec Tech people.  It would shut down IE.  I tried to disable several of the add-ons one by one and then decided to try to disable a Symantec add-on.  When I disabled the Norton Confiential Browser Helper Object, the problem went away.  It also loaded the browser much faster when it was disabled.  Thanks for the help from everyone!!   
    Saturday, August 25, 2007 12:57 AM
  •  

I am with McAfee and for some time I had the same problem with ie7 when closing it. I've tried reinstalling ie but it didn't work. I went to add-ons and disabled scriptproxy of McAfee, Inc. It worked. Many thanks for the info!
    Sunday, August 26, 2007 9:42 AM
  • Thank you to Johnny Rock and Pet Suddarth!!  Between the two, my problem was fixed in one attempt.  The Norton Confidential Browser Helper was the culprit.  With this many people experiencing problems with IE7, you would think this would not have to be solved by the users themselves  But thanks for the help!

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 2:12 PM
  • I tried what you said about disabling a tool bar, and it worked.  Thanks

Friday, August 31, 2007 1:44 AM
  • thank you very much...

it was very helpful...

Sunday, September 9, 2007 4:58 AM
  •  

Sunday, September 9, 2007 11:14 AM
  • Try this. Open "Tools" in Win IE. Open "Manage Add-ons". Open "Enable or Disable Add-ons". Now this may take several attempts. Disable all add-ons. If this clears the problem, then one of the add-ons is the cause. If so, enable add-ons, one at a time until the problem returns. That is the add-on causing the problem.

I have had similar problems when closing caused by both Yahoo add-ons, and BellSouth DSL add-ons. I only leave add-ons enabled for things I use, like Java and Adobe.

If disabling all add-ons does not correct the problem, then there is some other problem. Enable your add-ons.

Sunday, September 9, 2007 2:15 PM
  • EVERY TIME I CLOSE IE6 PAGE :I get "acrobat ie helper iexplore.exe application error Instruction at "0x0229bf2 remerenced memory at 0x02501938.  The memory cannot be "read".  Click OK to terminate.  I contacted Adobe and they recommended I uninstall Acrobat 7 (since Acrobat 8 is available) and see if I still get the message.  YES I DO, so it seems to be microsoft's doing.  I checked my registry but there's no matches.  SO ANNOYING PLEASE HELP.  Also it would be SO HANDY if these error windows allowed copy and paste rather than hand write and type again.

THANKS

JIM 

Thursday, September 13, 2007 5:44 PM
  • I too was having this problem, was driving me crazy.  In fact when I had multiple Explorer windows opened and closed one, all would close and give me error messages, for all of them.  I am running Nortons as well.  I took your advice and sure enough, the culprit was my yahoo toolbar and toolbar helper.  Disabled them and no more problems.  Thanks so much......

Sunday, September 16, 2007 10:45 AM
  • Thanks JohnnyRock...Just as everyone else, I had updated to IE7 and downloaded Norton 2007. I was getting runtime error 217 from unknown software exception (OxOeedfade) at location OX7c812a5b the same as everyone else evrytime I closed IE7. Went in and disabled my 2 bellsouth toolbars...BAM!! no more error mesages.

thanks again...

ChoctawDave

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 4:58 AM
  • JonnyRock,

A HUGE THANK YOU!! for helping me with this, it was driving me crazy.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 10:27 PM
  • I also received the error message 'the exception unkown software exception (0x0eedfade) occured in the application at location 0x7c812a5b' after clicking ok the next message would appear 'runtime error 217 at 023EEAEA. The problem ws the norton confidential browser helper object add on.

Sunday, September 23, 2007 1:22 AM
  • Same happened to me after I installed IE 7. I had Norton 360 for quite a while now. I did the add ons disable, specifically the" Norton confidential browser helper". It worked like a charm.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 2:53 AM
  • I had to disable my bellsouth toolbar, which you really do not need anyway. That solved my problem>

Sunday, September 30, 2007 7:33 PM
  • Thank you for the advice the pop up as described has been driving us both slightly loopy.....

Friday, November 2, 2007 5:49 PM
  • With no help, what so ever, from Microsoft, I took matters into my own hands! I'm now using their old nemesis; Netscape Navigator... a greatly improved new version! I use it secondary to IE's newest nemesis; Firefox browswer! Both are made on the Mozilla platform, and perform almost exactly alike; when there's an update for one, within hours, the other updates as well!

The only (and I consider this minor) inconvenience is that I cannot click on my email icon on MSN live messenger... big deal; I go to hotmail, and type in my username/pw and I'm good to go! I've deleted the IE icon off my desktop and quick launch menus, so I don't have to look at it, much less use it!  I would delete it altogether, like I did with Win2k, but I understand the explorer and Internet explorer are heavily integrated, and I don't wanna take the chance that it'll cause problems down the road. End of Story!

As soon as Linux gets a driver for the Atheros 5700eg chipset (wifi), I'll be reloading one of the versions of linux on my systems anyway... I've about had it with MS.

Mac
    Friday, November 2, 2007 10:39 PM
  • Hello;

I've not had a computer slowdown problem, but I also clean my pc regularly (via window washer; well worth the $20!). Check to see how many toolbars you have loaded, how many programs you have loaded (you may not have the RAM to efficiently run all the programs that  by default load when your pc starts... Vista is a horrible RAM HOG! As I've said before; as soon as Linux gets a driver for the Atheros 5700eg wifi chipset, I'm doing a huge UPGRADE to Linux... which version, I'm not sure at this point... I've tried Ubuntu, and it's super fast, compared to Vista (I've got 2Gb RAM), but I'm considering Linspire/Freespire; it's got an XP look and feel to it... something more to my liking! Hell, I loved Win2k; it was snappy, streamlined and fairly efficient... but then again, this old war horse likes this stuff speedy, not pretty!

Mac
    Friday, November 2, 2007 10:45 PM
  • Nope, no toolbars here; I've uninstalled my Yahoo toolbar, same issue... I put in google toolbar, same issue, removed the toolbars, same issue! I now use Firefox, by mozilla! It's less prone to malicious attacks anyway...  a much faster, and safer browser! The only minor  inconvenience is not being able to click on my mail icon while in msn live messenger; even though firefox is my default browser, IE wants to open! I'd delete it, if I where positive there'd be no repercusions later; such as Windows Explorer problems.

I recently read an interview of a hacker who broke into the pentegon's network; one of his bits of advice: don't use IE! period! Next, always do your updates.
    Friday, November 2, 2007 10:51 PM
  • Thanks JonnyRock. I followed your advice and found an ISP (bellsouth) file titled BLST00.dll and disabled it in my Manage Add Ons and that did the trick. Great help.

Sunday, November 4, 2007 6:10 PM
  • Thanks Beachgirl. I too followed JonnyRock's advice but disabling AcroIEHelper.dll did not solve my problem. I had to disable a file from my ISP (bellsouth) called BLSTOO 1.dll and that worked for me. So Jonny still rocks for me as he found the main problem. Just wanted to let you know.

Sunday, November 4, 2007 6:14 PM
  • Hi,

My hubby was having this issue with his computer after we upgraded him to MSIE 7 .  Tongiht, after reading all the posts on this, i went in his office and disabled all the *toolbar add ons* except Google.  That fixed it!  Don't know which ones caused it and really don't care <G>

I disabled the following toolbars:

All the Robo Form Toolbar Stuff,

Easy Web Print Print Toolbar

He does not have or use Norton .

Just thought this might help someone narrow it down Smile

Thursday, November 8, 2007 8:42 AM
  • OK - this may be caused by ANY add-on. I have had trouble with all those irritating toolbars that keep getting added without permission. Even if you un-check the toolbar, it still loads and runs in the background.

Go to Control Panel, Internet Properties, Manage Add-ons, click Publisher to sort, then try disabling each toolbar or other suspect add-on, one-by-one. Make sure that you disable the Toolbar and its Browser Helper Object.

You will need to open a new browser each time you do this, maybe click on a web page or two or do a search, to get a bit of browser activity, then close the window and see if the error goes away.

There's no other way. Just try one add-on at a time until you find the offender.

Friday, February 1, 2008 12:32 PM
  • This saved my sanity!  I installed Norton 360 and all went well but I started experiencing the same errors noted above, I disabled my verizon toolbar and the errors went away.  The real shame about this is that the Norton user knowledge base was useless.  I entered every aspect of the errors and NOTHING and then "chatted" with Norton tech support and that was a waste of time too.  Lesson of this...try this forum first!  Thanks, IowaJohn  Oh, when Symantec sent me an email asking how my tech support request went and was my issue resolved, I replied with an accounting of thier short comings, got a reply to that email and you'd think they don't even read the email they receive, they started another tech support request...even though I noted the issue was resolved! 

Friday, February 22, 2008 6:55 PM
  • I am having this problem on a Terminal Server for one user.  We already tried blowing her profile away and recreating it.  This is with IE8.  Think it's the same thing?
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 3:05 PM