[UWP][HTML]Understanding Debugging (HTML & JavaScript based UWP Apps) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I recently begun to take up learning how create HTML & JavaScript Apps, it's pretty new to me.

I do not understand how I should activate an example application, for instance, I created a new JS project and click the debug button only to receive a complain from VS15 IDE. 

Here is an animated gif showing what happens when I hit "local machine" to debug.

http://i.imgur.com/UT88chu.gifv

Any ideas? Am I missing something? How do I activate one of these apps and get passed this error? As debugging doesn't seem to work as expected with these app variants.

Edit: I should mention I am on Windows 10 using visual studio 15.

Thank you.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 4:33 AM

Answers

• Ok, I figured it out.

Pressing the "local machine" button and expecting the VS15 IDE to pachage the app, install and let you test the app (debug) wasn't happening. I guess this is something the IDE just doesn't do and instead one must navigate the "build" menu and click "deploy solution" in order to install the app and test it.

that wasn't immediately clear to me when starting...

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 9:21 PM
  • Yes, I solved it, thanks.

More in depth: Turns out my VS15 installation was bugged. Intellisense wasn't working and neither was syntax highlighting.

Uninstalling the program, uninstalling VS13 as well, then reinstalling VS15 seemed to have fixed the issue. 

Everything works now.

Friday, August 7, 2015 4:17 PM

All replies

• Ok, I figured it out.

Pressing the "local machine" button and expecting the VS15 IDE to pachage the app, install and let you test the app (debug) wasn't happening. I guess this is something the IDE just doesn't do and instead one must navigate the "build" menu and click "deploy solution" in order to install the app and test it.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 9:21 PM
  • Ok, I figured it out.

Glad that you have solved this issue

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 7:57 AM
  • Yes, I solved it, thanks.

More in depth: Turns out my VS15 installation was bugged. Intellisense wasn't working and neither was syntax highlighting.

Uninstalling the program, uninstalling VS13 as well, then reinstalling VS15 seemed to have fixed the issue. 

Everything works now.

Friday, August 7, 2015 4:17 PM