Proximity Driver for ACR122 NFC card reader?

Question

• Hi, 

I'm developing for Windows 8, and i have an ACR122T NFC Card Reader.

windows detects it's regular driver, but it doesn't see it as a proximity Device.

Is there a Driver for that? this is one of the most common NFC readers, and it doesn't work?

Thanks, 

Aviad

Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:55 AM

Answers

• Aviad,

have you looked into this?

The sample proximity driver contained in the Windows 8 WDK can also serve as a simulator to enable proximity applications and experiences. Note that NXP is the only hardware vendor that has a publicly available proximity driver that is compatible with Windows 8.

Best Wishes - Eric

Friday, May 25, 2012 6:36 AM

All replies

• See this thread in the General OS Forum.

--Rob

Friday, January 13, 2012 6:29 PM
  • Thanks Rob.

Now I'm looking another devices, which would support the Metro Proximity Device API. 

So I'd like to know if you aware of any final user-end product I can purchase which will be supported TODAY by Windows 8??

I know the Samsung series 7 which was presented in the BUILD event did , but I'm looking for a stand alone product. for example by ACS or any vendor...  is ther any?

If not, is there any other Tablet or Device which is currently support th Proximity Device and that Win8 would recognize it?

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:06 PM
  • Aviad,

Were you able to find one?

Best Wishes - Eric

Friday, May 25, 2012 5:59 AM
  • Aviad,

have you looked into this?

The sample proximity driver contained in the Windows 8 WDK can also serve as a simulator to enable proximity applications and experiences. Note that NXP is the only hardware vendor that has a publicly available proximity driver that is compatible with Windows 8.

Best Wishes - Eric

Friday, May 25, 2012 6:36 AM