Visual J# 2.0 Redistributable–Second Edition: Released To Web RRS feed

All replies

• Hi;

First off, congrats on shipping this.

Second, question, where do I download whatever we need in VS 2005 to build machine independent J# DLLs?

Third, the MSBuild bootstrapper has a project to install the J# redistributable if needed. Has this been updated to handle all 3 of the above versions, and if so, where do I get it. We must have this for our installer.

Fourth, in our WIX installer (in case the bootstrapper failed) we check the registry to see if J# is installed. What registry key should we check in what environments to see if this is installed?

thanks - dave

Thursday, May 22, 2008 2:48 AM
  • The ENU Visual J# 2.0 Redistributable Package – Second Edition for x86, x64 and IA64 platforms is released to the web (download locations below). This release enables all Visual J# users to execute the Visual J# applications natively on the dvd 64-bit platforms, thus leveraging the existing Windows and .NET Framework investments on 64-bit platforms. Apart from the 64-bit execution, the product also contains a host of bug fixes for issues discovered during various stages of the language since its inception. The product is supported over .NET Framework v2.0, v3.0 and v3.5 (Beta).

Product Download Locations

Microsoft Visual J# 2.0 Redistributable Package – Second Edition (x86)

Microsoft Visual J# 2.0 Redistributable Package – Second Edition (x64)

Microsoft Visual J# 2.0 Redistributable Package – Second Edition (IA64)

Oops, it took me long to find the IA64 version. If only I noted the post before!
    Sunday, June 27, 2010 1:56 AM
  • Hi, 

I am utilizing the J# redistribution in a project of mine. I have created a bootstrapper for clickonce deployment. 

I was hoping someone knew what arguments I could use to install the package silently?

I have tried vjredist.exe /q:a /c: "install" /q with no success.

or does anyone have an example of the xml manifest files?

Regards Bradley

Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:11 PM