none
The order of some chart shape paths RRS feed

• Question

• In working with a few of the flow chart shapes, I've noticed what is an inconsistency.

In the following shapes, the first path is the shape (the "fill" component) and the second one is a set of strokes (the "stroke" component):

• flowChartSummingJunction
    • flowChartOr

What this means is that for implementers, when we work with these two paths in the pathLst, the first one will be at the bottom of the z-order and the second one will be at the top of the z-order. This is the expected behavior.

However, in the following three shapes, the "stroke" component comes first and the "fill" component comes next, effectively putting the fill path on top of the stroke path and hiding it:

• chartPlus
    • chartStar
    • chartX

Is this left to the implementers to code seperately for these two sets of shapes or is this a bug or...?

Friday, March 4, 2011 2:40 AM

Answers

• Terlo,

The three shapes: chartPlus, chartStar, and chartX are a special case. They are only used as markers in charts and cannot be inserted through the typical insert shape dialog via PowerPoint/Word/Excel. All other shapes are drawn from back to front.

I hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by King Salemno Tuesday, March 22, 2011 7:48 PM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 7:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Terlo, thank you for your question. A member of the protocol documentation team will respond to you soon.
    Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | US-CSS DSC Protocols Team
    Friday, March 4, 2011 3:16 PM
  • Terlo,

I am the engineer who has taken ownership of your issue. I am currently investigating this and will update you as things progress.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 6:39 PM
  • Terlo,

I am still investigating this matter and have nothing new to report at this time.

Monday, March 14, 2011 5:56 PM
  • Terlo,

The three shapes: chartPlus, chartStar, and chartX are a special case. They are only used as markers in charts and cannot be inserted through the typical insert shape dialog via PowerPoint/Word/Excel. All other shapes are drawn from back to front.

I hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by King Salemno Tuesday, March 22, 2011 7:48 PM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 7:47 PM
  • Thanks. A little odd, but at least the behavior is described confirmed so we can take that into account.

Cheers,

Terlo

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:03 AM