Debatch Flat File in to XML RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

First I Created a Flat file in below format having 3 records. When I Validate Flat File Schema , I can see the XML single xml file generating with 3 records.

Shakeer,Newyork,US

Hussain,Chicago,US

Shahid,Newyork,US

Later my goal is to split each record and generate each record as a single XML file. I did modifications in my Flat File Schema. After validating Schema it generates a single record XML file. Up to now its cool.

Now I want to apply my modified schema in Existing Application in BizTalk console. How to do it?

When I drop my Flat file in Receive location the I can see my XML file in send location not as a single record XML file but as all records in one single file.

Please help how to resolve it?

PS.Shakeer Hussain

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Syed,

Do the following simple steps for your requirement:

1. Set “Allow Message Breakup At Infix Root” to “Yes” by selecting “Schema
    2. Set “Max Occurs” to 1 by selecting the Record where you want to split.
    3. Create a Receive pipeline with "Flat File Disassembler" in the Disassemble stage.
    4. Deploy the above artifacts; Flat File Schema, Receive pipeline with Flat File Disassembler component.
    5. Configure the Receive port with Receive pipeline and send port with filter for Receive port (BTS.ReceviePortName) or after debatching do whatever you want to do..

Obviously you have other ways like calling the Receivepipeline in orchestration if you have many message/records to be debatched and reduce the number of footprints in message-box db. But start with the above steps and move on to other advanced solution based on your need.

You can follow the reference here..

How to Debatch (Split) a Flat File using Flat File Schema ? 

Another reference from our friend Mahesh- Debatching(Splitting) XML Message - BizTalk 2010

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 10:00 AM

All replies

• Are u using any envelope schema for debatching. ? You can have a envelope schema and then the child schema and specify the BodyXPath and then deploy and test your solution.

Regards
    Ritu Raj
    When you see answers and helpful posts,
    please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:35 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi ,

If you want to have the changed schema is to be used, then you need to build and deploy it . And after deploying restart the host instance and this would make the latest schema available.

Maheshkumar S Tiwari|User Page|Blog|BizTalk Server : How Map Works on Port Level

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:39 AM
  • Hi Syed,

Do the following simple steps for your requirement:

1. Set “Allow Message Breakup At Infix Root” to “Yes” by selecting “Schema
    2. Set “Max Occurs” to 1 by selecting the Record where you want to split.
    3. Create a Receive pipeline with "Flat File Disassembler" in the Disassemble stage.
    4. Deploy the above artifacts; Flat File Schema, Receive pipeline with Flat File Disassembler component.
    5. Configure the Receive port with Receive pipeline and send port with filter for Receive port (BTS.ReceviePortName) or after debatching do whatever you want to do..

Obviously you have other ways like calling the Receivepipeline in orchestration if you have many message/records to be debatched and reduce the number of footprints in message-box db. But start with the above steps and move on to other advanced solution based on your need.

You can follow the reference here..

How to Debatch (Split) a Flat File using Flat File Schema ? 

Another reference from our friend Mahesh- Debatching(Splitting) XML Message - BizTalk 2010

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 10:00 AM