Database Engine Service will not start RRS feed

• Question

• I just returned from a week long break and went to start up SQL Server 2005 Developers Edition to continue developing a website im designing. I can not log into SQL Server. I went and checked to see if they service is running and it wasnt so I hit Start, to start the service and it will not start. I get a error message saying "An error occurred while performing this operation."  I went to even viewer to see what errors it generated and got 5 errors.

Error 1:
    Server failed to listen on 66.253.214.106 <ipv4> 1433. Error: 0x2741. To proceed, notify your system administrator.

Error 2:
    TDSSNIClient initialization failed with error 0x2741, status code 0xa.

Error 3:
    TDSSNIClient initialization failed with error 0x2741, status code 0x1.

Error 4:
    Could not start the network library because of an internal error in the network library. To determine the cause, review the errors immediately preceding this one in the error log.

Error 5:
    SQL Server could not spawn FRunCM thread. Check the SQL Server error log and the Windows event logs for information about possible related problems.

When I came back today I installed a Linksys Wireless Router and connected the desktop to that router. I also added another computer hosting Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition that is also running SQL Server 2005 Developers Edition. The plan is to be able to login into SQL Server on my desktop and then transfer the database I need to the Windows Server 2003 computer and uninstall SQL Server from my desktop. Any idea on why I cant login? Or better yet, an easy way to transfer the database I need to the server without logging in? I can login into SQL Server on the server so as I know of there isnt any confliciting going on. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Sunday, March 16, 2008 11:17 PM

Answers

• I figured it out. It was quite stupid of me. I checked the TCP/IP settings and noticed the IP address was the global IP address and it didnt change when I connected my new router address. I just had to change the IP address to new NAT address and it worked.
    Monday, March 17, 2008 2:11 AM

All replies

• Check for blocking of port 1433.   Refer to below link as a similar situation occurred. 

http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=70534

Best of Luck!!

Monday, March 17, 2008 12:44 AM
  • I figured it out. It was quite stupid of me. I checked the TCP/IP settings and noticed the IP address was the global IP address and it didnt change when I connected my new router address. I just had to change the IP address to new NAT address and it worked.
    Monday, March 17, 2008 2:11 AM