close the solution context menu RRS feed

• Question

• I use the Visual Studio Shell Isolated project template to create an isolated shell solution. Now how can i close the solution context menu in the Solution Explorer?
    • Moved by Mike Danes Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:43 AM VS shell related
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• Context Menu's everywhere are closed by left clicking into the Element they belong to without hitting them. Sometimes they get stuck (but that happend only with Traybar Context Menu's for me), then you have to re-open them or select anything to get rid of them.

What Project you have has absolutely no effect on how the Visual Studios Context Menu's behave, so I have no idea why you noted that.

Let's talk about MVVM: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpf/thread/b1a8bf14-4acd-4d77-9df8-bdb95b02dbe2 Please mark post as helpfull and answers respectively.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:08 AM
  • I mean i don't want the default context menu of solution in the shell display, even i right click the solution.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:36 AM
  • I suppose that what you really want is not to close the menu but to not display it all. In any case, this is about VS itself and not C#. I'll move this thread to a more appropriate forum.
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:41 AM
  • Thank you! Maybe it is about VS SDk.
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:49 AM
  • Hi,

We can set the command via modify the SolutionNameUI.vsct file. More information please view the Enable/disable menu commands from:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/ee390883(v=vs.100).aspx

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Ego Jiang Friday, July 26, 2013 9:19 AM
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 7:02 AM