Problems with deployment script RRS feed

• Question

• Hello :)

This time I've a simple question. I've created a build definition with the LabDefaultTemplate, specified a deployment script, created a new service account with all needed permissions and specified that service account in the build service and test controller/agent.

After that, I've executed the definition ("Queue new build") but I got this error:
    "Get-SPSolution : Cannot access the local farm. Verify that the local farm is properly configured, currently available, and that you have the appropriate permissions to access the database before trying again."

I found out, that the build definition is executed by the SYSTEM account and not the service account. How can I change that?

Edit: Can that be a problem? Image from a blog:

My image:

At my image there is no Testing and Workflow ready

Thanks,
    Seba

• Edited by Seba_W Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:14 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:15 PM

Answers

• I solved the problem after specify the domain user account in the Visual Studio Lab Agent Services (Properties -> LOG ON -> my service account )

Thanks for your support :)

• Marked as answer by Seba_W Friday, October 5, 2012 8:27 AM
    Friday, October 5, 2012 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Seba,

The TFS build machine always run build with the account you configured for the Build Service. I mean in the Build Configuration page in the TFS Administration Console, configure the build service account. What is the user account you use to configure for the build service?

Friday, September 28, 2012 2:44 AM
  • Good Evening Tester,

Did you mean my own account, I have logged in and installed/configured the build service?
    Or did you mean the account, I have specified at the build service?

Friday, September 28, 2012 6:40 AM
  • Acutally I mean the user account you specified in the build service. Your TFS should run build with that account.
    Monday, October 1, 2012 8:05 AM
  • I specified a specially created domain service account in the build service, but TFS doesn't run the build with this account. TFS takes the system account.

I should mention that the problem is related to the deployment script.

• Edited by Seba_W Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:23 PM
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:08 PM
  • What does that deployment script look like? Do you specify the user account in it?
    Friday, October 5, 2012 2:47 AM
  • I solved the problem after specify the domain user account in the Visual Studio Lab Agent Services (Properties -> LOG ON -> my service account )

Thanks for your support :)

• Marked as answer by Seba_W Friday, October 5, 2012 8:27 AM
    Friday, October 5, 2012 8:27 AM