Passing values from ajax popup (gridview) to parent page textbox RRS feed

• Question

• User-43865706 posted

Hi,

I have a ajax Popup extender which contains a grid and when i select a row a value should pass

into the Usercontrol(textbox)in the parent page(Listpage.aspx).

for search purpose i have created usercontrol with textbox ,the problem is when i pass values from popup to page i need to specify

Id of the textbox control how can i get values of grid view columns into all  textboxes.

Thanks inadvance

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 8:45 AM

Answers

• User-330204900 posted

Yes I see your problem, it woudl be better to have popup extender in the filter then the issue would not exist.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:25 AM

All replies

• User-330204900 posted

Not sure what you are trying to achive but I did my popup this way A Popup Insert control for Dynamic Data (UPDATED) hope that helps.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 3:55 PM
  • User-43865706 posted

Hi ,

thanks for the replay

I'm trying to implement a custom filter template that can be reused automatically for all entities in the model

for all text based searches.I am adding additional search/filter parameters to the Page 

I have a ajax Popup extender which contains a grid and when i select a row values should pass

into the custom filter textboxes

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 3:50 AM
  • User-330204900 posted

Hi pradeepmanne, sounds interesting what would you describe this as, what missing functionality does this being to DD? (I am only asking so I understand fully Smile)

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 5:03 AM
  • User-43865706 posted

hi,

i created a filter control with a textbox that can be reused automatically for all entities in the model.

on list.aspx page i have popup with gridview ,where i do search to filter the grid data ,on rowselect i will select the row to post back to parent page(list.aspx) ,i need the selected row data to filled with the respective data in the custom filter textboxes .

the problem is the textbox Id will be same for all the textboxes

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:17 AM
  • User-330204900 posted

Yes I see your problem, it woudl be better to have popup extender in the filter then the issue would not exist.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:25 AM