Login and web.config RRS feed

• Question

• User-1529183067 posted

I am developing a web site with a Public section and a separate Members section. I have all of the Member Pages in a separate folder and I have a separate Master Page for the Members section. In my Public Page I have a Members Menu item that connects to the Members Index Page of the Members section that was created from the Members Master Page. I have an active database of a few Members.

I want the Public section to be accessible by all. I want to be able to click on the Public Members Menu item and be directed to the Login Page.

Problems:

1. The web.config file causes the Login Page to be displayed with all CSS formatting and graphs removed. If I remove the web.config file the problem is eliminated.
    2. On the Login Page I can login and I am redirected to the Public index page. I desire that logging in direct me to the Members index page.
    3. The Login Page should not be displayed until I click on the Members Menu item. The initial display should be the Public index file.
    4. Here is my web.config file:

<configuration>

<system.web>

<authentication mode="Forms" >

<forms loginUrl="Login.aspx" name=".ASPNETAUTH"

protection="None" path="/" timeout="20" >

</forms>

</authentication>

<authorization>

<deny users="?" />

</authorization>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 11:18 PM

Answers

All replies