Problem with projection property in xaml when using storyboards.

Question

• Hi 

I have created a application with storyboards that animate the object using the planeprojection properties.

The interesting thing is the animations will work in windows 8  , but in windows 8.1 its giving a weird behaviour that it works sometime  and not. 

Monday, September 22, 2014 8:36 AM

Answers

• Hi matt,

I got a fix for this. I have added below storyboard code along with the animation and it works fine, still not understanding why for projection animation the fontfamily animation  is dependent. 

<ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(TextBlock.FontFamily)" Storyboard.TargetName="textBlock"> <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.4"> <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame.Value> <FontFamily>Global User Interface</FontFamily> </DiscreteObjectKeyFrame.Value> </DiscreteObjectKeyFrame> <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.4"> <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame.Value> <FontFamily>Global User Interface</FontFamily> </DiscreteObjectKeyFrame.Value> </DiscreteObjectKeyFrame> </ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames>

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 12:16 AM

All replies

• You'll have to explain more in order to get a good answer for this.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, September 22, 2014 1:02 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Below is the storyboard that is used.The thing is planeprojection properties are not animating.I have uploaded the sample app in onddrive please find the attached link.

The storyboard below is having repeat behaviour, but the thing is it will work sometimes and won't continously work.

I have the latest windows and visual studio update 3 

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=AAA2A33D9C4F7026!1854&authkey=!AGQaXse4vPWP4Tg&ithint=file%2czip

<Storyboard x:Name="TearAnimation">

<DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames EnableDependentAnimation="True" 
                                               Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.Projection).(PlaneProjection.RotationX)" 
                                               Storyboard.TargetName="firstCalendar">
                    <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0" Value="0"/>
                    <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.5" Value="180"/>
                </DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>
                <DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames EnableDependentAnimation="True" 
                                               Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.Projection).(PlaneProjection.RotationZ)" 
                                               Storyboard.TargetName="firstCalendar2">
                    <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0" Value="0"/>
                    <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.5" Value="180"/>
                </DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>

</Storyboard>

• Edited by jashif Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:25 AM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:15 AM
  • Hi,

Any answer for this issue.?

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:40 AM
  • I can reproduce the issue. Let's wait for the preview of Windows 9 to see if it reproduces there, then I'll see about reporting a bug for Windows 8.1.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 3:54 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply. So we have lots of animations using plane projection. which has issues in 8.1

Thursday, September 25, 2014 4:08 AM
  • Hi Matt,

Any update on this after running in WINDOWS 10, I hope you are having windows 10 

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 9:23 AM
  • HI Matt,

Am waiting for your repsonse , if you got any update on this , please do let me know.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 2:32 AM
  • Hi matt,

I got a fix for this. I have added below storyboard code along with the animation and it works fine, still not understanding why for projection animation the fontfamily animation  is dependent. 

<ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(TextBlock.FontFamily)" Storyboard.TargetName="textBlock"> <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.4"> <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame.Value> <FontFamily>Global User Interface</FontFamily> </DiscreteObjectKeyFrame.Value> </DiscreteObjectKeyFrame> <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.4"> <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame.Value> <FontFamily>Global User Interface</FontFamily> </DiscreteObjectKeyFrame.Value> </DiscreteObjectKeyFrame> </ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames>

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 12:16 AM