Looking for TFS Perforce plug in RRS feed

• Question

• I am wondering if there is a TFS native or third party plug in to use Perforce from TFS .  If so let me know.

thanks
    Jay
    • Moved by Figo Fei Monday, January 11, 2010 4:28 AM (From:Getting Started With Visual Studio Team System)
    Friday, January 8, 2010 10:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can install Team Explorer for VS to use the whole functions

Install Team Explorer  for Excel/MS Project to use  TFS Work Item Tracking.

You can also install  Visual Studio Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider  for other products listed in the page to use TFS Version Control..
    Best regards,
    Ruiz
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Jay,

Why do you want TFS plug in to use perforce?

You want TFS to use the Perforce as source code repository instead of it's own and with other feature of TFS (Workitem tracking,Test and Lab

Manager). If So, then this configuration is not supported and no plugin is available.

Friday, January 8, 2010 11:33 PM
  • Hi,

You can install Team Explorer for VS to use the whole functions

Install Team Explorer  for Excel/MS Project to use  TFS Work Item Tracking.

You can also install  Visual Studio Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider  for other products listed in the page to use TFS Version Control..
    Best regards,
    Ruiz
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:14 AM
  •  

Hi Ruiz,

Could you please be more specific with this topic?
    My company is currently researching different ALM products and we have come upon VSTS. One of many question that we have is regarding Migration and Integration abilities that VSTS offers.

I would be very grateful if you could provide us with a list of Third Party integration tools, and an overall view of what external products VSTS is working with?

Two applications that we are currently very happy with and would like to keep while adopting to a new ALM is Axosoft and Perforce, instead of FTS

Thanks

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 3:18 PM