Create Document approval workflow using SP Designer 2010 with show/hide site columns for different levels of approvers RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i want to create a SP D workflow in SP 2010 which is having forms  for approver with a custom site columns  as "remarks for level1","remarks for level2","remarks for level3","remarks for final approver".

I went with the default approval process in SP D actions/steps, but my issue is that , these site columns were already appeared when the initiator starts uploading the document in the document library. I  dont have infopath environment for to develop the forms.

1) how to hide these site columns appearing for initiator/requestor?

2) how to show "remarks for level1" site column only for level1 approver screen ? currently i dont have any custom screens/forms created for the level1 approver. should i do this ? or has SP D any mechanism to achieve this?

3) how to show "remarks for level2" site column only for level2 approver screen ? currently i dont have any custom screens/forms created for the level2 approver. Has SP D any mechanism to achieve this?

4) how to show "remarks for level3" site column only for level3 approver screen ? currently i dont have any custom screens/forms created for the level3 approver.  Has SP D any mechanism to achieve this?

any links / sources with step by step for this approval wf creation are appreciated!  

• Edited by SaMolPP Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:02 PM
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:59 AM

Answers

• Hi SaMoIPP,

According to your description, you have 2 requirements:

1. Hide some site columns when uploading documents.

2. Add different site columns for different approvers.

For issue1,

Go to library settings > Advanced settings > enable “Allow management of content types”.

Then back to library settings, there will be “Content Types” section > click the content type you want to modify > in Columns section > click the columns you want to hide > then select the option “Hidden”.

For issue2,

Per my test, you need to add different approval processes for different approvers then add corresponding site column in Task form.

Best regards,

Aaren liu

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 15, 2016 9:59 AM