MediaCapture: can we specific size limitation?

Question

• With Windows.Media.Capture.MediaCapture, can we specify a size limit so that this event(RecordLimitationExceededEventHandler) is fired and recording is stopped?

If not, what is the proper way to monitor file size while recording?

Thanks!

Te-Cheng Hsieh

Friday, May 01, 2015 5:47 AM

Answers

All replies

• This post will help you:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4ec5fd36-d522-4750-9f23-30d489b258dc/how-to-use-recordlimitationexceededeventhandler-event?forum=winappswithcsharp

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, May 01, 2015 4:13 PM
  • That API does not appear in Windows Phone 8.1.

Te-Cheng Hsieh

Saturday, May 02, 2015 5:53 AM
  • You'll need to specify which platform you are developing for. Notice that this forum is: 
    Building Windows Store apps with C# or VB  

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 6:45 PM
  • Hello,

There doesn't appear to be an easy way to set the Maximum Record time. One option is to monitor the current record time and stop recording when a certain time has been hit.

I hope this helps,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Wednesday, May 06, 2015 12:52 AM
  • I can live with that. Thanks!

Te-Cheng Hsieh

Thursday, May 14, 2015 5:20 PM