Newbie in Azure RRS feed

• Question

• User82750387 posted

Can some experts here explain me..

where to start in using Windows Azure ?

What are the things to learn in Windows Azure ?

How it is useful to me in deploying my ASP.net/Mvc Application ?

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:26 PM

All replies

• User455156504 posted

Hi,

I'll try to answer your question in order.

1 & 2) Depends on what role you play. Upon your third question I think that you're a developer. If so it would be helpful to have a look at cloud service, Azure Web Sites, Mobile Services, and maybe Azure Virtual Machines. A good starting point is the official Azure site and the Windows Azure Training Kit.

3) I think this question needs further explanation. Do you mean how it is improving your deployment process?

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:10 PM
  • User-1567482218 posted

Check this post on Azure learning resources

Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications Jump Start & Building Web Apps with ASP.NET Jump Start are interesting courses at the Microsoft Virtual Academy that have sections on deploying to Azure.

Thursday, October 3, 2013 12:00 AM
  • User-1913497086 posted

first of All 

1:-before all of these you may have CreditCard to use even for a free trail version

2:- Setting up a local envoirment with VS 2012 + Azure SDK ( try Practicing All The Demos locally of Azure Development training kit)

3:- Windows Azure Official Site + PluralSight may be very healthy for getting started 

4:- you can create a basic ASP.NET template and deploy directly if using VS 2012 .. MVC is Very Handy ... both the things can be done and hosted at Windows Azure Platform 

Thursday, October 3, 2013 4:11 PM
  • User82750387 posted

Thanks for all the replies.Will give a try by going through all the resources mentioned above.

Thursday, October 3, 2013 5:54 PM
  • User1985864055 posted

Here's a good two-part video that explains some of the reasons why Azure is useful for an ASP.NET application and some things to think about if you're going to run an app on Azure:

http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/Australia/2013/AZR324

http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/Australia/2013/AZR325

Monday, October 7, 2013 11:26 AM