CheckBox - Lightswitch Screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have a checkbox that will not use information from the database, just need to know if it is checked or not.
    Its do this without using Silverlight user control? If not, is to have the user control in Silverlight Project Client and not a new project? Thank you.
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:45 PM

Answers

• Try this:

I the screen designer, choose "Add Data Item", then "Local Property" and then choose "Boolean".

You will now have a boolean property that you can drag to the screen.

Note that if you make the property required, it will be a two-state checkbox (unchecked/checked) and the caption will be bold.  If it's not required, it will be a three-state checkbox (null/unchecked/checked) and the caption will not be bold.

Your property will be avaliable in code, but is not connected to the database.  So this sounds like what you need.

Mark

• Proposed as answer by Paul Van Bladel Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by onurbalmeida Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:26 PM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:14 PM

All replies

• Try this:

I the screen designer, choose "Add Data Item", then "Local Property" and then choose "Boolean".

You will now have a boolean property that you can drag to the screen.

Note that if you make the property required, it will be a two-state checkbox (unchecked/checked) and the caption will be bold.  If it's not required, it will be a three-state checkbox (null/unchecked/checked) and the caption will not be bold.

Your property will be avaliable in code, but is not connected to the database.  So this sounds like what you need.

Mark

• Proposed as answer by Paul Van Bladel Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by onurbalmeida Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:26 PM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:14 PM
  • Same  the that I sought.
    Thank you.
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:26 PM