Adding values to "supported languages" without multilignual app toolkit.

Question

• Hello. I tried to use multilingual app toolkit, but I am unable o activate it in my project(there is no such option). The project is designed for windows 8.1. I added the support of another language inside the app, but it is worthless, if there is no information about it in the store, below "supported languages". Is there a possibility to add the language to the list of supported languages manually? If not, can you tell me, why I can't activate multilingual tool? I click the project with right button, and I don't see such option. The guide seems to support only VS2012. Is there a newer version to use with VS2013 and windows 8.1 apps?
    Monday, March 17, 2014 6:13 PM

Answers

• The Multilingual app toolkit is completely optional. You can add your languages to the manifest yourself. See How to manage language and region

I'm not sure offhand what the story is with the Multilingual app toolkit and VS2013, but I'll look into it.

• Marked as answer by lewan0996 Monday, March 17, 2014 7:19 PM
    Monday, March 17, 2014 6:34 PM
    Owner

All replies

• The Multilingual app toolkit is completely optional. You can add your languages to the manifest yourself. See How to manage language and region

I'm not sure offhand what the story is with the Multilingual app toolkit and VS2013, but I'll look into it.

• Marked as answer by lewan0996 Monday, March 17, 2014 7:19 PM
    Monday, March 17, 2014 6:34 PM
    Owner
  • Can you tell me where can I find the list of languages please? I am looking in the package.appxmanifest, but there's only the default language.
    Monday, March 17, 2014 6:47 PM
  • Ok, I found it, and the multilingual app toolit also works. I didn't know where to look for it. Thanks for your help.
    Monday, March 17, 2014 7:18 PM