How to refresh the foreground window, when the application is in background? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a problem : My application is a player which displays some video frames. The problem is before my application looses the focus (WM_KILLFOCUS) and after the new focused window is displayed, sometimes in another thread a frame is displayed over the new window.

My question is simple : Is it possible to say to the new focused window (for example Phonebook) to update all the screen? 

For the moment I can see my video frame, and when I press the screen, the focused window appears little by little.

I hope you can help me, and a function exists for that

thanks
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 2:52 PM

Answers

• Thank you for your reply mal Loth, but it doesn't solve my problem. I have no change.

The answer is to stop my player when I receive WM_CANCELMODE before WM_KILLFOCUS. At this moment the new screen is not displayed.

I was testing your solution this morning sorry for my late answer.

See you!
    • Marked as answer by kikekoikan Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:40 AM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:40 AM

All replies

• You may do the following:

HWND activeWindow = GetActiveWindow();
    UpdateWindow(activeWindow);

or

HWND activeWindow = GetActiveWindow();
    SendMessage(activeWindow, WM_PAINT, GetWindowDC(activeWindow), PRF_CLIENT);
    If You'll find my answer satisfactory or helpful - mark it as answered! Thank You.
    • Proposed as answer by C.E.D Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:07 AM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 4:40 PM
  • Thank you for your reply mal Loth, but it doesn't solve my problem. I have no change.

The answer is to stop my player when I receive WM_CANCELMODE before WM_KILLFOCUS. At this moment the new screen is not displayed.

I was testing your solution this morning sorry for my late answer.

See you!
    • Marked as answer by kikekoikan Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:40 AM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:40 AM