none
Exporting tlb from Assamblies RRS feed

• Question

• I have two assemblies ComVisible, one define the interfaces (e.g. a.i.dll), and one define the classes which implement the interfaces (e.g. a.c.dll)

if I use tlbexp a.i.dll and tlbexp a.c.dll in the second tlb are only the coclasses and have no interface information inside

Haw can I generate from two assemblies only one tlb?

Thanks

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:36 PM

Answers

• Hi loan,

Thanks for sharing your solution here, Now please remember to close this issue by marking helpful reply as an answer.  Thanks for your effort and cooperation.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Ioan Toader Friday, May 6, 2016 3:41 PM
    Friday, May 6, 2016 2:55 AM

All replies

• Hi loan,

>>Haw can I generate from two assemblies only one tlb?

If you just use Tlbexp.exe tool , I am afraid there is no appropriate parameters to help you generate.

But as far as I know, you could try to merge two assemblies into one using ILMerge tool.

You could download from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=17630

Best regards,

kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, May 5, 2016 5:57 AM
  • Was my intention to split in two assemblies because the assembly which contains the implementation is used as COM+ on application server application and the assembly with the interfaces is used on client and on server.

I succeeded to generate on tlb using following commands

regasm a.i.dll /tlb:a.tlb /codebase

regasm a.c.dll /tlb:a.tlb /codebase

I have to use the same name for tlb for both regasm comands

• Proposed as answer by Kristin Xie Friday, May 6, 2016 2:54 AM
    Thursday, May 5, 2016 9:49 AM
  • Hi loan,

Thanks for sharing your solution here, Now please remember to close this issue by marking helpful reply as an answer.  Thanks for your effort and cooperation.

Best regards,

Kristin

• Marked as answer by Ioan Toader Friday, May 6, 2016 3:41 PM
    Friday, May 6, 2016 2:55 AM