Reload custom Persistence Service and UI Binding RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to make kind of persistence service in state machine wf, 

and I have some open questions.

1. Is there any way to implement my own persistence without inheriting from PersistenceService? I can call the Save method to serialize the workflow,

but how can I reload it into instance and run it?

2. Is there any way to mange when the persistence is happened?

i only want to explicitly persist data from my workflow.

3. what is the best way to bind state machine workflow to the UI?

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 9:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Guess you would have to inherit from the WorkflowPersistenceService,as there needs to be some information to the runtime about how your persistence service would be like.

Check out this article from msdn

There is a good sample on this in the book Pro WF.Check it out here.

Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your query. This would be helpful for others facing the same kind of problem
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 5:11 AM
  • Hi, Asaf

->"1. Is there any way to implement my own persistence without inheriting from PersistenceService? I can call the Save method to serialize the workflow,"

I think it is not possible to create a persistence without inheriting from PersistenceService. the WorkflowRuntime will call the Save method automatically on appropritate scene.

Regards
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Microsoft Online Community Support. My Blog:http://xhinker.com "Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 Cookbook"
    Monday, December 6, 2010 8:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Guess you would have to inherit from the WorkflowPersistenceService,as there needs to be some information to the runtime about how your persistence service would be like.

Check out this article from msdn

There is a good sample on this in the book Pro WF.Check it out here.

Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your query. This would be helpful for others facing the same kind of problem
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 5:11 AM
  • Hi, Asaf

->"1. Is there any way to implement my own persistence without inheriting from PersistenceService? I can call the Save method to serialize the workflow,"

I think it is not possible to create a persistence without inheriting from PersistenceService. the WorkflowRuntime will call the Save method automatically on appropritate scene.

Regards
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Microsoft Online Community Support. My Blog:http://xhinker.com "Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 Cookbook"
    Monday, December 6, 2010 8:53 AM