none
How do I clear deleted occurrences? RRS feed

All replies

• There's an article here that deals with deleting occurences.  But if you've already deleted them, I'm not sure what you mean by also removing them.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd633618(v=exchg.80).aspx

Mobile OWA For Smartphone
    www.leederbyshire.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:37 PM
  • Here's what I mean.

Say I made a recurring appointment for monday to friday.

Now I delete the occurrence of wednesday. Later on I decide that I don't want wednesday occurrence to be deleted and 'undelete' it so that it shows as a normal occurrence again.

Thomas

Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:40 PM
  • Ah, right.  I've never heard of anyone doing that, so I have to admit that I don't know.  For now, I would suggest looking at the item's DeletedOccurences collection, and see if you can delete individual items within it.

www.leederbyshire.com

Thursday, May 31, 2012 2:00 PM
  • This is unusual but in our application you can 'undelete' deleted occurences and the client now want's to sync the infos with exchange. I think even Outlook can't do this.

I had a look at the DeletedOccurences but the individual items consist only of a datefield.

I also wrote some code to find all the items belonging to a recurring series but no luck either. I used GetItems with ItemId/Index to read all the occurences. On the deleted item I get a ResponseCode.ErrorCalendarOccurrenceIsDeletedFromRecurrence.

Do you know how to do the same with modified occurences? Say I change the wednesday occurence to a different time and the want to revert back to the original time.

Thomas

Thursday, May 31, 2012 2:21 PM
  • I can't find anything on this.  I tried modifying DeletedOccurences, but it appears to be read-only.  I expect that you need to remove/recreate the entire recurrence pattern, and then re-add any other exceptions that you don't want to delete or remove.  For modifications, you may be able to bind to the exception (which still exists, unlike deletions), and delete it.

www.leederbyshire.com

Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:01 PM