Azure Backup on Azure Government RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to backup a Windows Server on Azure Government using this guide: 

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/azuregov/archive/2015/10/06/azure-backup-on-azure-government.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage

I get to the step where I'm trying to create the backup using the Azure backup agent and every time I get this error which isn't very useful:

The backup policy could not be created. 
    Error: Microsoft Azure Backup encountered an unexpected error. Wait for a few minutes and then try the operation again. If the issue persists, contact Microsoft Support. Microsoft Azure Backup encountered an unexpected error. Wait for a few minutes and then try the operation again. If the issue persists, contact Microsoft Support.

I can't find any other information in logs anywhere, don't really know how to proceed here. Any help would be much appreciated. I have been able to get this to work in regular Azure so not sure if its an issue with Azure Government. Thanks! 

Friday, October 23, 2015 1:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When you say create a backup using Azure Backup Agent, do you mean you are trying to create a backup vault?
    Or are you trying to install the Backup Agent in your VM? In this case is your backup vault in the same region as your VM?

Regards,
    Malar.

Saturday, October 24, 2015 5:09 AM
  • I'm trying to install the Backup Agent on the VM. Yes the backup vault is in the same region as the VM, since this is in the Government cloud space they are both in USGov Iowa.

Thanks,

Matt

Monday, October 26, 2015 12:06 PM
  • You can use Azure Backup to protect: files, folders, volumes, virtual machines, applications, and workloads. Depending on what you want to protect, and where that data exists, you use a different Azure Backup component.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2020 4:19 PM