Silverlight Help RRS feed

• Question

• Well basically I just started silverlight and already I am wishing big because of the video I watched about the current beta of silverlight with webpages as puzzle pieces and split around all over the screen while the video STAYS playing.

Anyways, I have a lot of things I am wanting to do, and I am new, so please feel free to send me over to the noob videos, but also don't forget to give me info on specific stuff as well that might not be in the noob videos.  Also feel free to send me where they got code for a range of basic silverlight apps or how-to's.

Basically I am trying to make an app of some sort, VB, C++, Silverlight, anything, in which can load up a website and go everywhere, but allow me to change the background color of the website, change text on the html "screen" to "screen2" on displaying it or whatever, and basically, I thought silverlight was my best choice on everything, silverlight seems to have an EXTENSIVE amount of stuff it can do.

Anyways, also I want to be able to make an  MSN messaging type thing inside silverlight, and a thing to show search results from google in a nice manner, and in an automatic manner.  Also to combine with it a youtube search which would filter results out google had already, then add in all the others.

Silverlight seems to have the best performance for all of this kind of stuff.
    Friday, February 26, 2010 4:34 AM

Answers

• No longer care for this to be answered.
    • Marked as answer by Maya Key Monday, September 27, 2010 5:32 PM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 5:32 PM

All replies

• bump, can anyone help me with the silverlight development? I haven't seen much on anything of it & how to do stuff i've seen of many silverlight apps.
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:15 AM
  • Just follow those Tutorials on Silverlight.net and use Google/Bing. Come and ask questions when you face problems.
    Saturday, May 22, 2010 2:13 PM
  • OK well I did have a specific thing, I am wanting to make a thing in silverlight that can load websites up on it, I saw a demo that could even load up youtube and show the thing as puzzle pieces, and the video even stayed playing, I would like something similar to that on silverlight but have the ability to use the mouse for the puzzle rather than having to use a touch screen, because they used a touch screen with silverlight on that demo and didn't allow you to use mouse/keyboard to rotate the pieces.

For now I just want to be able to load up something like youtube inside silverlight & have it able to play videos (without having the puzzle thing the other program had).  The next logical step into what I want to do is be able to display & change the code of the website that displays, similar to internet explorer's F12 function does in IE8.  I just want to do it automatically unlike internet explorers and be able to parse the code in my custom parser to change many things of the same type on the page at once, even if some more were to get added, of course I would have to keep it updated to make it work well, but I just like this because then I can make youtube show a black background or whatever automatically when I visited it & such or being able to basically change any website how you want it to look which isn't really possible with anything I know of.

Anyways, I would rather make this then download something that can do it, so unless it comes from microsoft or with a program I already have or something, then I don't want to download anything.

Saturday, June 12, 2010 3:56 AM
  • No longer care for this to be answered.
    • Marked as answer by Maya Key Monday, September 27, 2010 5:32 PM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 5:32 PM