Package settings are duplicated in ICE when configuring 64 bit OS RRS feed

• Question

• When I'm connected to a 64bit Distribution Share I notice that alot of the settings in ICE under the Windows Embedded Edition package are duplicated.  Stated differently, I notice that each setting of the Windows Embedded Edition package appears twice in the Settings pane.

Why is that?  If I want to modify a setting do I have to modify both settings?

Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:24 PM

All replies

• The 64 bit Distribution Share contains both x86 and x64 packages.  The duplicate settings that you see are from packages of the two different architectures.  You'll also see same setting names from amd64 and wow64 packages in FeaturePack.  You can distinguish the settings by looking at the Path column in the settings pane.

Thanks,
    Ivan

Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:50 PM
  • I see.  So do I only need to modify the settings for my architecture and ignore the duplicates?

At a fundamental level, why do I see settings for multiple archictures?  I would expect to only see settings for the architecture corresponding to the particular Distribution Share that I connect to.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:08 PM
  • Some of the x86/wow64 packages/components are required to run 32 bit applications on 64 bit platform.  Whether you need to modify the settings for all of them would depend on your implementation.  What you want to do is to create a configuration that works for the scenarios specific to your device.

Ivan

Friday, July 30, 2010 6:26 PM