none
Information Tab in VS2015

Question

• If I build something I can see error and warning in Error List Window in VS2015 SP1.

How can I see something in Infomation Tab?

Can I change level of my some of warnings to be reported as information?

RUV

• Moved by Jamles Hez Tuesday, March 01, 2016 6:51 AM
    Monday, February 29, 2016 1:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting on MSBuild forum, but I think question is more related to Visual Studio General forum. So I will help move to that forum for effective response.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 01, 2016 6:50 AM
  • Hi Roman Uvarov,

>>How can I see something in Infomation Tab?

After searching and testing in my side, I found the Message tab in Visual Studio 2015 seems has been replaced by Task List window. Please refer to below thread which is similar with how to show content in Message tab.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2280044/how-do-i-add-to-the-messages-list-in-the-visual-studio-error-list-window

I have submit this problem to Visual Studio Connect, below link is my feedback. Please vote and add comment and I think the report team experts will evaluate this problem seriously and give us the Email update. Thanks for your feedback for the VS products.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/2425207

>>Can I change level of my some of warnings to be reported as information?

From current Visual Studio Features, we just can change warnings to errors from project's properties -> Build -> Treat warnings as errors. I suggest you can post your requirement to Visual Studio Connect and then share the link here. It can let other communities who has the same requirement to vote and add comments for your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 6:20 AM
  • Posting to Visual Studio Connect does not work, as nobody vote for SE or if we just found something weird. So practically Connect does not work really for ordinary people. 

RUV

Saturday, July 08, 2017 2:01 PM