Not show the table page RRS feed

• Question

• User1103877942 posted

Is it possible to not show the table page and go straight to the data for a dynamic data app that only has one table?

Thanks

Tom 

Monday, February 7, 2011 10:28 AM

Answers

• User-330204900 posted

Yes this is possible all you need to do is set the Default.aspx to redirect you to the appropriate page

Response.Redirect(Global.DefaultModel.GetTable("MyTable").ListActionPath);

Hope that helps [:)]

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 6:02 PM

All replies

• User3866881 posted

Not understand what you mean:Would you mind clearifying your question?

I guess you want to use FormView or DetailsView directly instead of a GridView's showing? 

Monday, February 7, 2011 9:42 PM
  • User1103877942 posted

Sorry for being confusing.  When I run this app the first page that comes up is the page where you have to choose the table you are wanting to see.  If I have only one table and I only want to go straight to the data, how would I bypass the first page.

OR

Is there a way to create a page from SQL that only shows the data with out having to create all the fields?

Thanks

Tom

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 11:29 AM
  • User3866881 posted

According to what you say, I think you should load data into DataSet. This is a memory-based Database storage that holds a collection of DataTa ble. You should dynamically Add DataTable full of data into the DataSet first. Then use this:

if (DataSet1.Tables.Count>1)

{

//List a list of names of Tables by using DataSet1.Tables[i].TableName; In order to get the TableName successfully, you should use adapter.Fill(datatable,"Your Table Name");

else

{

//this is only my sample, you should set the Table bound to a data presentation control...  

GridView1.DataSource = DataSet1.Tables[0];
       GridView1.DataBind();

}

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 12:53 AM
  • User-330204900 posted

Yes this is possible all you need to do is set the Default.aspx to redirect you to the appropriate page

Response.Redirect(Global.DefaultModel.GetTable("MyTable").ListActionPath);

Hope that helps [:)]

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 6:02 PM