none
Firewall Settings in SQL Data warehouse RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to upload database form my local machine to azure SQL data warehouse portal and for that I am running aw_create.bat script form my local machine. In order to upload data from my local machine I need to configure firewall of portal and enter my IP address which will allow access according to documentation. But unfortunately I can't find Firewall  option in SQL server blade.

Any solution?

Friday, January 6, 2017 7:23 PM

Answers

• You will find the firewall settings on the blade for the SQL Server server that is hosting the SQL Data Warehouse. It can be a little confusing but your SQL data warehouse is being hosted on a SQL Server that you specified when you provisioned your warehouse. You should see an entry for a SQL Server in your resources.

Once you access the blade for the SQL Server you will see a firewall - Show firewall settings link on the Overview blade.

Friday, January 6, 2017 7:42 PM

All replies

• You will find the firewall settings on the blade for the SQL Server server that is hosting the SQL Data Warehouse. It can be a little confusing but your SQL data warehouse is being hosted on a SQL Server that you specified when you provisioned your warehouse. You should see an entry for a SQL Server in your resources.

Once you access the blade for the SQL Server you will see a firewall - Show firewall settings link on the Overview blade.

Friday, January 6, 2017 7:42 PM
  • It is worth mentioning (to avoid confusion) this is a "logical" server, since SQL Data Warehouse is a scale out architecture.
    Friday, January 6, 2017 7:56 PM