Problems publishing website using FrontPage Extension RRS feed

• Question

• User-156218438 posted

As the title says, I'm having problems publishing the website.  I'm currently using Verve Hosting and have installed its FrontPage Extension so that I can publish directly from Visual Web Developer.  As a side note, I do own Visual Studios 2005 Professional Edition.  After I try to publish from within Visual Web Developer I end up staring at the Index with all the files which were uploaded.  Any idea why the website doesn't display and just the index and the files?  Thanks. 

Friday, August 17, 2007 10:45 PM

All replies

• User-156218438 posted

I have resolved my own problem.  It was due to Verve Hosting.  They do not support asp files so I would need to convert the files into php or html.

Now my question is, can I fully convert from aspx to html without missing any of the features I had from the original.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 4:57 AM
  • User205197355 posted

Not a solution but I am having a similar problem publishing my site at Godaddy.com, only my error page shows up now. Their support said they do not support .aspx pages and that I have to convert at least the default or index pages to htm.

When I save my default.aspx to html I loose the CSS...so what do I do next?

Also I am using the tables in SQL, how do I connect to a database on the host server???

Thank you for sharing your solutions.

Sunday, August 19, 2007 1:35 AM