The app contains references to alcohol WP8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I want to submit an app that contain the image of a beer bottle. I receive the following error during certification process:

The app contains references to alcohol and includes countries listed in Group 3 within app Certification Requirement 3.10 in its targeted distribution. You may resubmit your app and deselect the Group 3 countries.

I do not understand how deselect Group 3 country! During submit process I have just the following options:

Distribute to all available markets at the base price tier
    Distribute to all markets except China. Learn more.
    Continue distributing to current markets 

I've tried first and second option. Thirds seems make no sense to select in my case. So, how can deselect the Group 3 countries? Thank you

Thursday, January 2, 2014 10:08 AM

Answers

• I've tried first and second option. Thirds seems make no sense to select in my case. So, how can deselect the Group 3 countries? Thank you

There is not a single button to deselect Group 3 countries, but the Group 3 countries are listed on the Content policies for Windows Phone page in section 3.10.  You will have to deselect these countries manually on the page where you can select the 3 options you mentioned.
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:28 AM
  • In the "Update App" page, there should be a "Market selection and custom pricing" link in the "Optional" group.   That page will have the 3 options to choose from as well as an "Submission_Markets_StrictMarketsIcon_AltTextThese countries/regions have more restrictions for app or in-app product content. Learn more." entry with a list below that line.  You can deselect the countries in Group 3 in that list.
    • Edited by FMM_Salzburg Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:57 AM Formatting
    • Marked as answer by Simone Coppini Thursday, January 2, 2014 12:33 PM
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:56 AM

All replies

• I've tried first and second option. Thirds seems make no sense to select in my case. So, how can deselect the Group 3 countries? Thank you

There is not a single button to deselect Group 3 countries, but the Group 3 countries are listed on the Content policies for Windows Phone page in section 3.10.  You will have to deselect these countries manually on the page where you can select the 3 options you mentioned.
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:28 AM

I do not understand how.... this is what I see:
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:41 AM
  • In the "Update App" page, there should be a "Market selection and custom pricing" link in the "Optional" group.   That page will have the 3 options to choose from as well as an "Submission_Markets_StrictMarketsIcon_AltTextThese countries/regions have more restrictions for app or in-app product content. Learn more." entry with a list below that line.  You can deselect the countries in Group 3 in that list.
    • Edited by FMM_Salzburg Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:57 AM Formatting
    • Marked as answer by Simone Coppini Thursday, January 2, 2014 12:33 PM
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:56 AM
  • Perfect, i've found it .... thanx!
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 12:34 PM