none
Can anybody let me know the printpath for V4 Renderer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am porting t.he V3 Renderer module to V4 Renderer.

Want to know the V4 print path for printer driver.

Can anybody help in this regard of understanding V4 print path.

Regards,

Syed

Monday, June 25, 2018 12:00 PM

Answers

• Either you could use the MS provided class driver path where they provide PDL conversion such as XPS to PCL or PS, your driver is just pass-thru filter driver using msft conversion.

(or)

You could provide your own filter for doing the PDL conversion.

Check this out:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/print/v4-driver-rendering-architecture

I hope this helps.

Snekithan

Friday, July 27, 2018 5:46 PM

All replies

• Either you could use the MS provided class driver path where they provide PDL conversion such as XPS to PCL or PS, your driver is just pass-thru filter driver using msft conversion.

(or)

You could provide your own filter for doing the PDL conversion.

Check this out:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/print/v4-driver-rendering-architecture

I hope this helps.

Snekithan

Friday, July 27, 2018 5:46 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using XpsRasFilter sample(which iam planning to customize) which is taking bitmap and giving me tiff data.

Is "Tiff format" is enough or PDL conversion is required?

Regards,

Muneer Syed

Thursday, August 2, 2018 12:44 PM
  • Hi Muneer,

It depends on your end device. As you know, the last filter converts XPS data into TIFF data and send it to printer as a stream.

If your device takes TIFF, you don't have to do any conversion, if it takes different image format, you may have to change the WIC calls to output specific raster data (instead of TIFF may be JPEG).

I hope this helps!

Snekithan

Thursday, August 2, 2018 6:42 PM