problem with using a jet drivers when excel file is in a string RRS feed

• Question

• User914775649 posted

I'm not able to touch the file system on the server, I have stored the excel spreadsheet into a byte[] in memory. I been told don't worry about memory space. I have converted the byte into a string using encode.getstring(byte, 0 , byte.lenght)

now I want to use the

DbProviderFactory factory = DbProviderFactories.GetFactory("System.Data.OleDb");

but the problem is the data source looks like it only takes a file on the server as a parameter. Could I use a filestream and use that as my datasource?

Thanks

Monday, November 28, 2011 7:31 PM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

Could I use a filestream and use that as my datasource?

No.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:29 AM
  • User3866881 posted

but the problem is the data source looks like it only takes a file on the server as a parame

Hello:)

What do you mean by saying this?I'm afraid I cannot understand what you mean……You'd better offer us an example for better understanding of that。

Could I use a filestream and use that as my datasource?

Does it have anything to do with OleDb?Or what really you want?Can you describe it to us in details?

Best reguards!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:18 PM
  • User-821857111 posted

Decker, prosenba is being presented with an Excel file as a stream (upload or drawn from a database, for example). It cannot be saved to disk. prosenba was asking if it is possible to use that stream as a data source with Jet. I have already answered that question. No more details were required.

Thursday, December 1, 2011 12:49 AM
  • User3866881 posted

Yes,according to what you've described you are right。However the questioner's real meaning is what I want……Waiting for his reply or perhaps his thinking is just what you've described。But to be accurate and avoid mistakes,I have to ask him again for more info。

Best reguards Mikesdonneting.

Thursday, December 1, 2011 1:09 AM
  • User914775649 posted

prosenba is being presented with an Excel file as a stream (upload or drawn from a database, for example).  This was what I was thinking when asking the question. I'm now looking at this solution http://exceldatareader.codeplex.com/ for our problem. It would have been nice if Microsoft would have addressed this issue in the patterns & practices and given a solution that so many are looking for.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 11:50 AM
  • User3866881 posted

prosenba is being presented with an Excel file as a stream (upload or drawn from a database, for example).  This was what I was thinking when asking the question. I'm now looking at this solution http://exceldatareader.codeplex.com/ for our problem. It would have been nice if Microsoft would have addressed this issue in the patterns & practices and given a solution that so many are looking for.

Hello:)

So what's up until now?Have you problems?

Welcome your feedback!

Best reguards!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 8:27 PM