none
No Ack for Custom Pipeline RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom Pipeline in which I call the EDI Disassembler, unfortunately in doing so I see no 997 are generated even though I have setted up the parties properties to Generate 997.
    Followed the example in the documentation

I am using BTS2009
    SV
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 4:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,
        I forgot that ISA14 is for TA1 not for 997. I am sorry for this.

But how are making sure that party is getting reolved to correct one:

To perform party resolution, BizTalk Server proceeds as follows:

1. Resolve the party by matching the sender qualifier and identifier, and the receiver qualifier and identifier, in the interchange header with those in the properties of a party.
    2. If step 1 does not succeed, resolve the party by matching just the sender qualifier and identifier in the interchange header with those in the properties of a party.
    3. If step 2 does not succeed, use the global properties.

Please confirm through these steps that it resolves to correct party not the global party.

Thanks
    Gyan
    If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered".
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 12:28 PM

All replies

• The EdiDisassembler pipeline component is supposed to handle generating the acks. In EdiReceive there is a BatchMarker component too that promotes DestinationPartyId. Try using this component in the pipeline too. Here is the pipeline documentation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb245984(BTS.20).aspx.

It would seem like BatchMarker is not required if you are not using batching but this seems like the only difference between the EdiReceive pipeline and a custom pipeline with the EdiDisassembler.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 5:00 PM
  • Its generating blank 997, btw inbound Transactions are 270

SV
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 6:19 PM
  • Hi,
        Can you please check following:

1- The instance the resolving to the party in which you configured to generate 997. You can check this in it's context property.

2- Make ISA14 to 1 in your input message and drop it . check if it generates 997 ?

Actually there may be problem of Partner resolution.

Thanks
    Gyan
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 5:56 AM
  • Party is getting resolved though its not promoted, ISA14 generates a TA1
    <ns0:X12_TA1_Root IsGeneratedAck="true" xmlns:ns0="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Edi/X12"><TA1><TA101>007863290</TA101><TA102>091217</TA102><TA103>1025</TA103><TA104>A</TA104><TA105>000</TA105></TA1></ns0:X12_TA1_Root>
    SV
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 4:33 PM
  • Hi,
        I forgot that ISA14 is for TA1 not for 997. I am sorry for this.

But how are making sure that party is getting reolved to correct one:

To perform party resolution, BizTalk Server proceeds as follows:

1. Resolve the party by matching the sender qualifier and identifier, and the receiver qualifier and identifier, in the interchange header with those in the properties of a party.
    2. If step 1 does not succeed, resolve the party by matching just the sender qualifier and identifier in the interchange header with those in the properties of a party.
    3. If step 2 does not succeed, use the global properties.

Please confirm through these steps that it resolves to correct party not the global party.

Thanks
    Gyan
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 12:28 PM