Connection account password change RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

i have a ( i guess easy) question, i am using a domain account for a website to connect to his mysql (server 2005) database, if i changed the password in the domain controller should i change also in the DB within mysql and in the website side?

Monday, May 3, 2010 8:28 PM

Answers

• No. If you are using Windows Authentication (Trusted connection or Integrated Security) you are not storing any credentials (password etc.) within SQL Server neither you are specifying passwod in the connection string when you connect to your SQL Server.

Password is only required if you use SQL authentication and that password is your SQL server login password (nothing to do with your domain in that case)

• Marked as answer by khalid55 Tuesday, May 4, 2010 2:19 PM
    Monday, May 3, 2010 9:06 PM

All replies

• No. If you are using Windows Authentication (Trusted connection or Integrated Security) you are not storing any credentials (password etc.) within SQL Server neither you are specifying passwod in the connection string when you connect to your SQL Server.

Password is only required if you use SQL authentication and that password is your SQL server login password (nothing to do with your domain in that case)

• Marked as answer by khalid55 Tuesday, May 4, 2010 2:19 PM
    Monday, May 3, 2010 9:06 PM
  • For local windows accounts/ domain accounts you don’t have to update any of the SQL related login parameters. SQL fetches that directly by querying domain controller or local windows users and groups . Only for SQL logins you need to update the connection string if you have manually changed your password in SQL server.

Thanks, Leks
    Monday, May 3, 2010 10:06 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank you very much Guys!
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 2:19 PM