none
.NET installation failure - component store corrupted RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to run a solution on Visual Studio 2017 throws an error about .NET installation requirement, which I have listed in VS solution properties.

I try installing .NET framework 4.7.2 and 4.8, but get a "Failed: component store corrupted" error. The log failures are below. Is there an email address I can send more relevant logs to? Please help me fix this issue. I'm seeing this on my Development machine at Intel.

CBS Failed to add one or more component [HRESULT = 0x80073712 - ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT]

Exe (Windows10.0-KB4486153-x64.cab) failed with 0x3712 - The component store has been corrupted. .
    PerformOperation on exe returned exit code 14098 (translates to HRESULT = 0x3712)
    Error 0x3712 is mapped to Custom Error: 
    OnFailureBehavior for this item is to Rollback.

Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x00003712), "The component store has been corrupted. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:03:24).

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 7:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Vjay,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to the error message “Failed: component store corrupted”, it seems the OS corrupted, please follow this doc to scan and repair it.

Before the installation, please make sure all pending windows updates are installed, clean up %temp% folder, temporarily disable any antivirus software and run the installer as administrator.

If this issue persists, I need your help to collect the installation log files. Download collect.exe from the link https://aka.ms/vscollect and go to %TEMP% find the file vslogs.zip, upload to https://onedrive.live.com and share the link in here.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 25, 2019 6:49 AM
  • Hi Sara,

Here are the logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Auz8yUk_l1DlkE_mOV_rHU5ICDoy?e=A0fhoX 

Please assist. Also, it may be worthwhile noting that the issue of .NET installation occurs even if I try installing it without Visual Studio. I in fact uninstalled Visual Studio and tried, and got the same issue. Just to make sure it wasn't a Visual Studio issue which it seems like it isn't. Now, I'm not able to re-install VS since .NET gets automatically installed (which it cannot due to this issue).

Monday, July 29, 2019 7:01 PM
  • Hi Vjay_89,

Sorry for the delay.

After checked the screenshot and log file, I suppose this issue is about your environment and it seems corrupted.

Please try to use the OS installation media to repair your OS, if you do not have the installation media, see Create installation media for Windows.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, August 2, 2019 9:39 AM