Template: How to handle the .pfx and Package.appxmanifest files in a custom project template.

Question

• I'm trying to create a couple project templates targeting Windows 8 and I can't find documentation to handle the Package.appxmanifest and .pfx files.

Is there updated documentation for this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, September 07, 2012 7:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Seamus,

Thank you for your post.

Based on this case relate to Tools for Windows Store apps. I will move your thread to Tools for Windows Store apps for better help.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, September 10, 2012 7:39 AM
  • What is it that you need?  You should be able to include the package.appxmanifest file just like any others in your template.  You can leave the pfx file out of the template and one would be generated when a user generates a package in VS, so the template doesn't need to contain it.
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 11:42 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't ask the specific question I need answered. The problem I have is replacing usages of the project name. For example with source code files I can use $projectname$, but that is not being replaced in the manifest when creating a new project. As a result the manifest presents $projectname$ when I want it to present the project name I specified at creation.

Since VS does this I expect there is a way to do this.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:17 AM
  • That should work.  Do you list that file as needing to have parameters replaced in the vstemplate file?

E.g.

<ProjectItem TargetFileName="package.appxmanifest" ReplaceParameters="true">package.appxmanifest</ProjectItem>

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:28 PM
  • Nevermind, figured out the issue.

Friday, September 14, 2012 8:03 PM
  • I am running into the same problem. Do you remember what was the issue?
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:50 PM
  • I am having the same problem - $projectname$ is not repalced.

Hong

Friday, September 12, 2014 1:28 PM