none
Insert new Task in Project Server not functioning RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I may be doing it wrong, but the "Insert new task" Capability in Timesheet in Project Server 2010 is not 100% functional. Here's what's happening.

Consider the following scenario:

- Resource wants to log time against a task that's not assigned to him and in a different project. Ideally, he should go to Insert new task --> Select the task by viewing the project and its subtasks --> Log time --> Task goes to status manager for approval/rejection.

When i try to apply this scenario, i click on Insert new task and notice that not all of my projects are appearing in the project drop down list, and when i click on any of the projects, i notice that not all the summary tasks and tasks are appearing.

Could anyone please provide mkore guidance on how to use this capability? I would like a resource to insert a new task and have it sent to the PM for approval.

THanks,

Monday, October 1, 2012 3:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

only projects you are team member of will be listed in project drop down list. Id you want to assign yourself to an existing task, PM has to add you to the project team first.

Moreover, you are not able to select any task, you are already assigned to. Could this be the reason for the missing tasks?

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by eagle_one34 Friday, October 5, 2012 3:16 PM
    Monday, October 1, 2012 4:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

only projects you are team member of will be listed in project drop down list. Id you want to assign yourself to an existing task, PM has to add you to the project team first.

Moreover, you are not able to select any task, you are already assigned to. Could this be the reason for the missing tasks?

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by eagle_one34 Friday, October 5, 2012 3:16 PM
    Monday, October 1, 2012 4:00 PM
  • Thanks Barbara,

It looks like this is the right way to do it. However, i am pretty sure i need to do a health check for my Project Server implementation because i see a lot of bugs in terms of tasks assignment not showing up at a resource's timesheet/ also, when i add a resource to the project team, he/she is still unable to see all tasks in the project.

Not sure what the problem is here, but from what i've seen on this site, i am not alone  :)

Friday, October 5, 2012 3:18 PM