none
Error building wizard generated OSDesign, Compact 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to build a new OS design based upon the Adeneo BSP for the Beagleboard-XM. THe sample OS supplied with the BSP builds and runs just fine. However when I create a new OS design using the new project wizard I get the following error when I build it:

BUILD: [02:0000020914:ERRORE] Error(s) in directory "C:\WINCE700\platform\BB_XM\SRC\APP\NullSink\". {log="C:\WINCE700\build.log(57391)"}

BUILD: [02:0000020915:ERRORE] NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'C:\WINCE700\OSDesigns\BB_XM_WEB_1\BB_XM_WEB_1\Wince700\BB_XM_ARMV7_Retail\cesysgen\sdk\lib\ARMV7\retail\commctrl.lib' {log="C:\WINCE700\build.log(57392)"}

BUILD: [02:0000020917:ERRORE] TargetExeFiles  -nologo BUILDMSG=Stop.  BUILDROOT=C:\WINCE700\platform\BB_XM CLEANBUILD=1 LINKONLY=1 NOPASS0=1MAKEDLL=1 failed - rc = 2. {log="C:\WINCE700\build.log(57394)"}

BLDDEMO: ERROR: There were errors building CEBASE. {log="C:\WINCE700\build.log(57425)"}

Any pointers on how to resolve this error would be much apprectiated.

I am using Platform Builder with VS 2008 and Windows Embedded Compact 7.

Thanks,

Sid.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:14 PM

All replies

• The quick and easy way to fix this is, since you are missing COMMCTRL, is to search the catalog for COMMCTRL and check the box next to it.

The more complicated way would be to add your application, NullSink, to the catalog for your BSP and make it dependent on SYSGEN_COMMCTRL by modifying your cesysgen.bat.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com

Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:34 PM
  • Thank you  Bruce, I had previously tried this however I did retry with the same result, same error. Here is the catalog item I included:

Common Control Checked

I am not sure what the "Nullsink" application is and a search of the catalog returns no results. As I said I simply used the new project wizard to create this OS design.

Hopefully you have some other suggestions to resolve the error,

Sid.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:11 PM
  • As I said, NullSink is your application, as it is in your BSP.   It is not from Microsoft.

After adding Common Control, you may need to do a clean sysgen.

With that said, I have not verifyed that the folder is correct, I will leave that to you.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com

Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:06 PM