Report Server Windows Identity hanging??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

The Windows Service Identity remains red in the Reporting Services Configuration Manager. The message when I try to apply the Windows Account is "Starting report server MSSQLSERVER on VOTFCSRS1.

and never "The task completed sucessfully" will come...

If I try to change to another module... or exit i am getting an error:

"You are about to leave the panel without saving your changes. Press OK to leave the panel or Canecel to go back and apply your changes."

Something is hanging ??? but What is this?

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:08 PM

Answers

• Re-doing

Un-installing SSRS

Reboot

Installing SSRS

Apply SQL Server 2005 SP3

4 times and it works...

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager
    • Marked as answer by Felyjos Friday, January 28, 2011 11:15 PM
    Friday, January 28, 2011 11:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Felyjos,

Try to click "Built-in Account" and choose "NetWork Services" as its account, then press "Apply" to save this changes to see if it works. Additionally, open the SQL Server Configuration Manager to see any sql server is stopped. Also, please post the detailed error message here if any error occured.

thanks,
    Jerry

Friday, January 28, 2011 8:15 AM
  • I will try again but yesterday NetworkService was giving the same issue everything was just hanging n the screen...

Thanks

Dom

Friday, January 28, 2011 2:37 PM
  • Re-doing

Un-installing SSRS

Reboot

Installing SSRS

Apply SQL Server 2005 SP3

4 times and it works...

Thanks,

Dom

• Marked as answer by Felyjos Friday, January 28, 2011 11:15 PM
    Friday, January 28, 2011 11:15 PM