Invalid language code in TMX files prevent uploading? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a series of tmx files exported from WorldServer.

The naming convention that I used is the same as for many other successful trainings:  filename-enfr.tmx.  As before, the file format is UTF-8.

Hub now expands this into filename-enfr_en-us.tmx where before it expanded it into filename-enfr_enu.tmx and now it throws an "invalid language code" error.

Moreover the same files that I successfully uploaded before will no longer upload, now returning the same error.

Has something changed in the upload functions?

Suggestions?  

Thursday, September 24, 2015 1:05 AM

Answers

• Mike,

We have deployed fix for resolve this issue. The system will accept en-us and other external codes that were supported earlier.

Thank you

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 6:51 PM

All replies

• Mike, <o:p></o:p>

It was due to recent release (refer below for details. You will need to use 'en' for English. We are fixing this to accept 'en-us' the fix will out shortly. In the meantime, you can change en-us to en and upload file. When you click 'add documents' on hub, File upload pop up screen also lists what codes to use. Please refer to it for allowed codes for source and target languages. Sorry for  any inconvenience.  

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b9232841-1c17-4b95-84fc-2cc533e686ae/microsoft-translator-hub-september-2015-release-notes?forum=translatorhub<o:p></o:p>

Details of particular changes:

File naming is now standardized to ISO language IDs. The headers in dictionary files and the language ID in files names now follows ISO standard language IDs, a change from having used Windows language IDs previously. This applies to new files; you do
    not need to rename the files already uploaded to the Hub.
    <o:p></o:p>

Thank you

Thursday, September 24, 2015 3:11 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.

However, I'm using TMX files which do not include language IDs in the filename.

MSHub generated the filenames with en-US -- not me.

What can I do for a workaround?

When will the fix be released?

Thursday, September 24, 2015 4:29 PM
  • Hi Mike,

I am referring to language codes used within tmx file. I think since your TMX file has en-us code (with in TMX file), you are seeing this error. I was able to upload filename-enfr.tmx after changing language codes (en-us to en and fr-fr to fr) used with in tmx file. You can do this by opening tmx file in notepad and search for en-us and replace by en and similarly for fr-fr. The fix will be released tentatively on 9/29.

If you continue to see issues with upload, please send email to mthubsup@microsoft.com with details.

Thank you

Thursday, September 24, 2015 7:59 PM
  • The language codes for simplified vs traditional Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, and other sub-locales are not clear.  The two-letter codes don't distinguish between them...

Suggestions?

Friday, September 25, 2015 6:33 PM
  • Mike,

You can use zh-CN(for simplified), zh-TW(for traditional), pt-br(Brazilian Portuguese) and pt-pt( Protuguese Portugal). These codes will show up in Hub when you select languages, add documents etc screens. Please let us know if need any additional details.

Thank you

• Edited by RvasudhaModerator Monday, September 28, 2015 3:53 PM corrected code for simplified and Traditional
    Monday, September 28, 2015 3:02 PM
  • Mike,

We have deployed fix for resolve this issue. The system will accept en-us and other external codes that were supported earlier.

Thank you

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 6:51 PM