ASM to ARM migration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

While performing Migration from asm to arm , does it involves any additional charges?

If yes , please tell me how much will it incur for a small scale migration ( consisting of about 10 VMs, 10 storage accounts, 30 web application sites and 8 azure databases)

I also want to know the duration involved in the migration of each of the above mentioned components. Hoping to hear from you people soon.

Regards,

Kavinilavan Velmurugan

• Moved by vikranth s Tuesday, March 20, 2018 7:20 PM Better suited here
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 3:01 PM

All replies

• Suggest you review the Migration documentation we have: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/windows/migration-classic-resource-manager-overview 

In addition, there is not a cost per say for migrating. There is not a price in Classic vs a price in ARM type of comparison. It will just be a matter of what size machines you are migrating, the type of storage you choose and the application tiers picked. 

The migration time also varies per resource and how many of the resources are being converted. Hence, this is not something that is a simple answer or we can really estimate very well. 

All-in-all if you are worried about the migration I suggest opening a support ticket and a Support Engineer can walk you through the migration itself to help eliminate any issues. 

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 7:45 PM